Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of bluetooth features lacking (my vw jetta handles bluetooth better)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So.. if Tesla wanted to bring their bluetooth capabilities up to snuff, how about this:

1. use my album artwork that I painstakingly add to my music
  2. show the playback progress of the song that is playing
  3. if I start playing audio on my phone, automatically switch to my phone as the audio source.
  4. stop toggling play/pause whenever I switch to bluetooth on the Tesla:
    1. I have audio playing on my phone
    2. I get in my car
    3. I switch the car source to bluetooth
    4. the Tesla 'pauses' my audio (I immediately hit play .. again)
  5. resume playing bluetooth audio even after 'sleeping' overnight, etc..
  6. if I get out of the car and I'm playing bluetooth audio - pause when I get out of the car and, when I get back in.. for goodness sake.. resume playing

Last edited:
If Tesla simply did (1), (2), and provided a great GUI navigation of artists, genres, albums, tracks, and playlists, the Model S would be closer to where the rest of the market has been for... years. Why they have not historically and why they continue to not make this a priority is one of the great mysteries of Tesla Motors.

This is slightly off subject, but phone related. The Tesla phone screen closely mimics the iPhone with the dial pad, recent calls, but no tab for favorites. My most frequently called numbers are starred as favorites in my phone. Is there a way to replicate this feature in the Tesla phone interface?

With all due respect, Bluetooth sound quality leaves much to be desired. All of the features you want are available if you put all of your music on a flash drive.

With an exactly equal amount of respect, I often listen to podcasts and sound quality is a non issue and keeping my daily podcasts that I’m often downloading while driving to work on a flash drive is impossible.

Last edited: