Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Destination Charging Station being built at Plaza Inn in Ashland, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

webbbcam

not-so-junior member
Sep 9, 2014
Coeur d'Alene, ID
I was impressed how easy it was to facilitate getting a pair of HPWC at the Plaza Inn in Ashland.
I simply sent an exploratory email asking if the hotel had any facilities for charging electric vehicles since I was planning to stay there this July on our visit to the Oregon Shakespeare Festival.
In my last paragraph I mentioned that the Destination Charging program might be something to check out and in no time the manager of the hotel sends back a reply saying they will be starting installation soon of two HPWCs.
Yippee!

John

We stayed at the Plaza Inn last weekend. It was a nice hotel. However, going down to the basement parking was a challenge. The first night we got there, a truck was backed into the corner parking space where you initially enter the down ramp. The combination of his back end sticking out, with a trailer hitch, and VERY narrow ramp meant street parking for us the first night. I would have had a hard time with my little Civic.

We were able to use the HPWC the second night without any problems. The truck was parked nose first, away from the corner spot this time.

The ramps are really tight though. I am still amazed at how wide the MS is. The sonars were constantly beeping.

Great location, and would recommend the property, but drive very carefully in the parking area!