Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How did you pass the time?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As with most of us I suspect we are not great "waiters". Having to wait 2 months is already taking its toll and it has only been a week. Late June delivery. How did folks keep their excitement high and what did you do to pass the time ? I'm now entering obsession mode reading and viewing everything I can get my hands on. And of course bothering anyone with a pulse about my 85D's impending delivery.

Sorry Allanhof. There is no cure.

How many times a day can you go to the store or SC without looking too weird? As for a few more 'test' drives

It's one of those beautiful hurts.

Done this too. Will likely go back again to test drive if they let me. Or stare.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and if you have a significant other how did they stand you yapping about Tesla this and Tesla that?

allanhof,

You are definitely in the right place. I waited almost a year for my Roadster, and about 4 months for my Model S. I can say from experience that you will survive.

It will be like Christmas on Canada Day!

David

Oh boy is it painful. But well worth the wait. I spent my time, every damn night, reading everything I could find about the Model S. I waited three LONG PAINFUL MONTHS! Thing is, I still read upon this forum every night. I am hooked and totally in love with my girl!

I think I had an easier time than most in terms of having something to keep my mind busy instead of constantly fretting. I gave the build order when I was traveling overseas, and continued traveling after return to the USA with a pretty hectic schedule that reduced my fidgeting to the last 2 weeks before delivery. And even those 2 weeks did not allow for mindless nail-biting as the financial arrangements had to be completed and the paperwork done by 3-way electronic communication since I was in FL and my wife/co-owner was in Chicago.

I had what I called my Tesla dreams for two months. Went to bed thinking about it, woke up thinking about it. Ordered mine in Sept of last year for delivery in Dec, then they came out with the D and I immediately changed my order and had to wait until March. But was it ever worth it. I have never loved a car like this.

As everyone says, it's agonizing. And yet...just a couple weeks after I got mine, I met a woman at a SC who had waited THREE YEARS for hers. Her VIN was 00050, had ordered it in 2009 and didn't get it until 2012 or thereabouts. As she said, when she ordered it, Model S was probably still just a sketch on a paper napkin. So, compared to that, waiting three months didn't seem so bad. But I'm saying that after I got the car. ;-)

My wife was pretty tolerant with my new obsession, but when I went into the Tesla store at Yorkdale for the umpteenth time (knew everyone by first name), she would go off somewhere else. Her attitude - cool that it doesn't burn gas and pollute, but it's your money.

Now she tells everyone about the frunk, no gas stations. Loves the app on the phone. One of her book club meetings turned into a Tesla discussion. Love Tunein Radio and Slacker, TACC, super quiet ride, ...

My wife was pretty tolerant with my new obsession, but when I went into the Tesla store at Yorkdale for the umpteenth time (knew everyone by first name), she would go off somewhere else. Her attitude - cool that it doesn't burn gas and pollute, but it's your money.

Now she tells everyone about the frunk, no gas stations. Loves the app on the phone. One of her book club meetings turned into a Tesla discussion. Love Tunein Radio and Slacker, TACC, super quiet ride, ...

My wife is also begging me to stop talking about the Model S.....I cannot help it. But I did make her drive it at the Yorkdale location which definitely helped seal the deal

Did you consider seeing what models Tesla has available for sale immediately rather than going through the order process? I business associate called me two days ago and see that he bought a Tesla - I asked him when his delivery is and he said later this week as he is buying a car that is at the Tesla SC in Montreal. You may not get the exact config that you want but at least you won't have to wait.