Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X is sold out for the 1st year.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A 7-seater would be ideal for me and my family too (currently driving a Previa).

One concern is those Falcon Wing doors which are extremely cool but might be a problem with many indoor parking lots in HK that have very low ceilings.

Has there been any indication on the pricing - will MX be more or less expensive than the MS (or about the same)?

Deliveries for HK realistic in 2016 or 2017?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Has there been any indication on the pricing - will MX be more or less expensive than the MS (or about the same)?

Deliveries for HK realistic in 2016 or 2017?

Tesla has previously indicated that Model X pricing would be similar to Model S. I expect a small premium. In particular, things like the third row seats will be optional extras.

US deliveries will start fall 2015. General opinion is that HK should start in 2016. Most likely late 2016.

Tesla said they will launch Model X in the US first and then it will be available for all other markets that the Model S is in. Thus I would expect that the global roll out will be more wide spread. Thus I think early to mid 2016 is likely if they get production started in September and all goes well.

Tesla said they will launch Model X in the US first and then it will be available for all other markets that the Model S is in. Thus I would expect that the global roll out will be more wide spread. Thus I think early to mid 2016 is likely if they get production started in September and all goes well.

Just remember that Hong Kong is a RHD market. For Roadster and Model S that meant a multi-year delay after LHD shipments started. The Model S dual motor was launched in US December last year, and first RHD deliveries of that are expected in August here. I really would be surprised if they managed to reduce the RHD delay to < 1 year, especially given the demand in LHD markets.

Just remember that Hong Kong is a RHD market. For Roadster and Model S that meant a multi-year delay after LHD shipments started. The Model S dual motor was launched in US December last year, and first RHD deliveries of that are expected in August here. I really would be surprised if they managed to reduce the RHD delay to < 1 year, especially given the demand in LHD markets.
I here that loud and clear! :) Yet, I'm very hopeful that the X roll out will be much different. They should be able to apply the RHD more quickly with lessons from the S. I'm just going off what Tesla said they'll do with the X roll out. Only time will tell of course. Fingers crossed for all those driving on the correct side of the road outside the USA. :D