Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Warning: Large pothole near Tampa Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a huge pothole at the East entrance to the supercharger. I was turning behind a line of cars and didn't see it. It's huge so otherwise it's hard to miss, but be careful! It chewed through my tire and took a small piece out of the wheel. :scared:

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats about $570 worth of ouch, if you don't fix the rim. Ask me how I know :crying:

About a year ago Marlena at the Tampa SC told me they have a rim exchange program, (a repaired rim, then they have yours repaired and sell it to the next guy) I can't remember the price but it was less than $200, maybe $150...

I ordered two mounted/balanced/TPMS ready to go spares from Tire Rack on the shelf for just this reason.

Thats about $570 worth of ouch, if you don't fix the rim. Ask me how I know :crying:

About a year ago Marlena at the Tampa SC told me they have a rim exchange program, (a repaired rim, then they have yours repaired and sell it to the next guy) I can't remember the price but it was less than $200, maybe $150...

I ordered two mounted/balanced/TPMS ready to go spares from Tire Rack on the shelf for just this reason.

I didn't know about that wheel exchange program. Pretty cool. BTW, her name is Marlia. :smile:

Update on the tirerack rims. While they are 10spoke turbines they aren't exactly like oem. I guess I need a set of 4 spares as I can't run mismatched rims :scared:

They did come with new lugnuts and a 21mm adapter to install them.

e069c2892654b49c936fb5d6638cb573.jpg

How do you like the look of the Rialto rims? Been debating them as an upgrade from the standard 19" wheels from Tesla.