Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red or Blue or something else?

What's the best CURRENT color for MS?

• Multi-Coat Red

Votes: 27 29.3%
  • Deep Blue Metallic

Votes: 42 45.7%
  • Something else - a variation of white, black, or gray

Votes: 23 25.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm completely intrigued by this new Ocean Blue color. Does anyone have pics they can post of this new blue color?

I've read all about the multi-coat red and hear that everyone absolutely loves it. Show me your best pic of your red car.

The wife wants blue; I want the red.

What do YOU think is the best color currently available?

I'm hoping to see the new blue at the service center/store soon. I'm trying to find reasons to bring in my car for service. Guess tire rotation is all I need before my road trip!

The red is beautiful, and I love my blue but I might love the new one more!

The red does look great but the new blue looks awesome in the new pictures I've seen. Can't go wrong with either so the wife might just win this one.

I'm ready to let her win if she'll let me get the 85D, but I don't see that happening. She was also going to let me get it early if that sound requirement was implemented this September, but it looks like that won't happen until next year either . . . if only I could find a way to get it early . . . :)

- - - Updated - - -

Still hope Tesla will open up more colours, Red, Blue, and greyscale doesn't really qualify as a full palette.

Green1, I agree with you totally, but I'm sure there won't be any additional colors any time soon . . .

While I agree with the desire for more colors, I think the poll is biased in lumping Titanium Metallic with the two whites, two blacks and one dark grey (aka Midnight Silver Metallic).

I was faced with the same decision as you. I like the new blue much better than the old blue, but I still wish it were brighter, like the Opulent Blue Metallic of my current Cadillac. I went with red because I wanted a bright, vibrant color and the MCR was basically my only option.

I'm completely intrigued by this new Ocean Blue color. Does anyone have pics they can post of this new blue color?

I've read all about the multi-coat red and hear that everyone absolutely loves it. Show me your best pic of your red car.

The wife wants blue; I want the red.

What do YOU think is the best color currently available?

Here's my MC Red P85D in southern Utah...

Model S Nature Pictures - Page 18

Its the iphone jpg color correcting... it is quite a bit brighter than the old one, that to me reads basically black with a blue tinge.

the new blue is very "royal". not my favorite blue tinge.

Open your iPhone camera and look at the lower corner for 3 circles - are they colored? It looks like you've bumped a filter on. My family members do it all the time, and I have a few times without realizing it... until I realize the colors don't look right. Check it out, these look like they've got a filter on them!

Thanks but I can't tell right now, deleted the photos from camera and the cloud. It is a possibility as I often fiddle with my phone without reading glasses.

but a lot of times these kinds of surfaces are quite hard to photograph accurately - especially without a SLR.

Open your iPhone camera and look at the lower corner for 3 circles - are they colored? It looks like you've bumped a filter on. My family members do it all the time, and I have a few times without realizing it... until I realize the colors don't look right. Check it out, these look like they've got a filter on them!

I was faced with the same decision as you. I like the new blue much better than the old blue, but I still wish it were brighter, like the Opulent Blue Metallic of my current Cadillac. I went with red because I wanted a bright, vibrant color and the MCR was basically my only option.

@brickfrenzy, my 70 year old Mom just got a new Cadillac in their new blue similar to MS. For that reason alone I want the red! But again, if the wife will let me get MS then I'm going to let her have some say . . .

Realize there are many replies here already and sorry I have no photos worth sharing. Because frankly I think you need to see both in person to truly decide. That being said I have red, but had a chance to see the new blue in person a few days ago. I was underwhelmed. It is a pretty color for sure. But it just isn't electric blue enough for me. Still too dark and subtle. Not boisterous enough for me. If you want to have a color that truly pops the red remains that option. The blue is gorgeous but subdued for sure and too take for my personal tastes. YRMV