Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sept 12, 2015: National Drive Electric Week & 30th Annual Mushroom Festival!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DavidB

2010 Roadster Sport || 2013 S85 || 2017 X100D
Supporting Member
Jul 8, 2013
Silver Spring, MD
National Drive Electric Week, September 12-20, 2015, is a nationwide celebration to heighten awareness of today's widespread availability of plug-in vehicles and highlight the benefits of all-electric and plug-in hybrid-electric cars, trucks, motorcycles, and more.
https://driveelectricweek.org/?s=pia4

The Mushroom Festival, September 12 and 13, 2015, in Kennett Square, PA, is an all volunteer organization whose proceeds are distributed to a wide variety of local charities and organizations.
http://mushroomfestival.org/

I'm interested in getting a group of owners with their electric cars & electric motorcycles to attend the Mushroom Festival's Antique & Classic car show.

Anyone interested in helping me make this happen?

David - that looks interesting. Any idea which day you are planning to attend? I was thinking of attending the Drive Electric event at Waldorf on the 12th.
The organizers of the Mushroom Festival have not announced when the Antique and Classic Car Show will take place. I think the parade of cars usually takes place Saturday morning, and the show in the early afternoon after the parade. I've not actually been a part of this show before (although I have been to the Mushroom Festival), so, until the organizers post more, I am unable to give any concrete information.

Ah, I should have added this follow-up post months ago.

This Saturday, September 12, for National Drive Electric Week, a group of Electric Car owners will gather at the Longwood Gardens parking lot at 8 am, and at 8:30 we will caravan to Kennett Square for the 30th Annual Kennett Square Mushroom Festival.

By traveling together we will be able to have all our electric cars grouped together at the car show.

It is too late to preregister for this event, but all are welcome to join us. The entry fee for the festival is $20, and 100% of the proceeds will be given to local charities. More information about this National Drive Electric Week Event:
National Drive Electric Week Event - Kennett Square

More information about the Kennett Square Mushroom Festival:
Mushroom Festival - Mushroom FestivalMushroom Festival | Mushroom Festival

There are two parades:

On Friday night there is a parade open to anyone. While there will be some electric cars in the parade, there will be no formal gathering nor a chance to park and show off your car.
Register Now for Community Parade - Mushroom FestivalMushroom Festival

Saturday morning our group of Electric Car owners will caravan from Longwood Gardens to Kennett Square. I suppose, if you don't want to stay for the entire day, you could join us until the last leg of the trip (turning onto West Cypress Street), and instead, follow the red Festival Parking signs to the satellite parking lots. Shuttle buses will take you into Kennett Square and drop you off at an entrance. You could then stay at the festival as long as you like.

One reason we are trying to get our cars to park together in the car show, however, is to show people unfamiliar with EVs the variety of cars available, and to encourage the general public to consider getting an EV as their next vehicle. If you do decide to park with the group, you are more than welcome to wander off and see all the attractions the Mushroom Festival has to offer. Also, after the car show is over, I think many of us will dine together at one of the restaurants Kennett Square has to offer.

As far as an unspoken question, "do we have to stay till 4 or could we leave the car show at 3"? Quite honestly, I don't know. For safety, no cars will be allowed to leave while thousands of people throng the street. When will the crowds will thin out to the point that the police will start opening up the road, I don't know.