Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Progress 59 (ISS resupply vehicle) in Trouble

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The space station astronauts are going to be unhappy they won't be getting their supply shipment. Time to call SpaceX for an emergency Falcon liftoff...

That's a good question. In an emergency, how fast can SpaceX get something into orbit? Obviously that would vary at any given time, but I'd guess two weeks unless they have something else already planned and ready. The next launch would be CRS-7 anyway for June 19th.

You could also use an Atlas, I guess

That's a good question. In an emergency, how fast can SpaceX get something into orbit? Obviously that would vary at any given time, but I'd guess two weeks unless they have something else already planned and ready. The next launch would be CRS-7 anyway for June 19th.

You could also use an Atlas, I guess

Yeah, Roscosmos has a spare Progress that can launch 45-days after failure so you are close to the next SpaceX mission anyways. That's if NASA doesn't want to move CRS-7 up(if it's even possible).

Last edited:
Telemetry from 3rd stage was lost few seconds before Progress separation. Both thrusters and main engine pipelines are depressurized (pierced?) -> Lost of mission.

NORAD index show 14 objects in orbit, normally should be only two (progress and 3rd stage)