Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GE plans giant EV order to "jump start" the industry

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Automakers preparing to sell vehicles powered solely by batteries in the next 18 months include Nissan Motor Co., which starts delivering Leaf hatchbacks late this year; Ford Motor Co., readying electric versions of its Transit Connect delivery van and Focus compact car; and Toyota Motor Corp., which will sell a rechargeable RAV4 sport-utility vehicle.
I've noticed Tesla is often left out of articles describing auto manufacturers and their plans to sell EVs. Certainly, many of the 22500 GE sales force driving EVs would prefer a 300-mile range Model S over other offerings.

I've noticed Tesla is often left out of articles describing auto manufacturers and their plans to sell EVs.

It makes me mad when Tesla is left out of articles discussing EV manufacturers. I realize this is kind of "preaching to the choir" but Tesla was the reason all of the other automakers pulled their heads out of the sand and started planning/showing soon-to-be-released EVs! :mad:

It's also bothersome that Tesla doesn't get a mention when they talk about the RAV4 EV which, as we know, is going to be powered by Tesla technology.

You guys are forgetting Coda. I think all of their efforts are going after fleet sales. I mean com'on, what else is a boring car perfect for?

It's genius really.

Last edited:
True, but could you imagine being a GE tech supplied with a company EV...you get a Coda...a different tech doing the same job as you gets a Roadster or a Model S ???...talk about the definition of being pissed...:biggrin::wink::eek:

They could actually leave deposits now on several hundred or even, several thousand, Model S reservations. Electric utility companies are also potential customers.

True, but could you imagine being a GE tech supplied with a company EV...you get a Coda...a different tech doing the same job as you gets a Roadster or a Model S ???...talk about the definition of being pissed.
They could bundle the various models into their sales force incentive program. Start 'em out with a Tango and work up to a Tesla. :cool:

http://www.businessgreen.com/bg/news/1895709/ge-revs-ev-market-mega
The energy giant will initially buy 12,000 GM vehicles, beginning with the plug-in hybrid Chevrolet Volt in 2011, and will add other vehicles as manufacturers expand their electric vehicle portfolios.
The news will come as a major boost to GM, which has invested heavily in developing the Volt and is on track to launch the car next year.