Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Party at Picnic Creek 2015 - Sunday, July 12th

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

bonnie

I play a nice person on twitter.
Feb 6, 2011
Columbia River Gorge
---- UPDATE ----

REGISTER FOR THE PICNIC AT: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/party-at...ts-16353669265

I'm using EventBrite this year - easier organization and ensures that everyone is donating the same towards costs (thanks to those of you who donated lasted year, it helped).

Costs cover caterer, beverages, and live music. Anything above and beyond (which I doubt, but hey, could happen!), will either be seed money for next year or (if a large amount) used to donate a charging station to a good location.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ORIGINAL POST:
Scheduled for Sunday, immediately following TMC Connect. More information will be posted in the next few days (discount rate for local hotel, time, etc.).

This will NOT interfere with the TMC Connect Sunday brunch, so please plan on lingering at the conference before heading this way.

The 2nd Annual Party at Picnic Creek will be on Sunday, July 12th, in Loomis, CA. There are a few people that would prefer Thursday - sorry - there are quite a few folks that just can't make it then because of work commits - especially Tesla staff.

For those of you wondering 'what the heck is Party at Picnic Creek??', see last year's thread.

Few updates for this year:
  • Invites will be handled through an online registration system. I'll post a link here when I have it set up. I'll also handle donations towards costs through that site, to make sure the food/drink/music/misc are covered.
  • There is now a labyrinth on the property - more about that later.
  • The mega-party hot tub is in working order.
  • I already have a few prizes donated by various EV companies, so there will be a few contests. Be ready.

Last year I limited it to 100 people because I wasn't sure how many people could easily fit here. This year we'll open it up to far more.

If you're driving through this area on the way to the conference, I'll be grateful if you can plan to stop over on Thursday and lend a hand with setup. (The lights you guys strung last year are still up and have been quite useful!)

Okay, that's it for now. More to come.

Last edited:
Well, I didn't mention it at the time but y'know how an extension cord was requested? That's because they went in the wrong way (there was an outlet I showed someone right at the deck to plug in, rather than a cord up over the rocks to the house...). BUT, instead of taking them down and restringing, just rewired the plug on the other end. Because you're right. Taking them down would have been a huge effort. I have pictures somewhere of all of you up in trees, directing each other. Somehow it got done. And has been appreciated all year. :)

I vaguely remember brianman and rolosrevenge and I going for that outlet and then someone told us it was needed for something else (details are hazy - it's been 9 months) and we actually ended up re-doing part of it to get to the other outlet.
But it's entirely possible that we just confused ourselves.
Anyway, I'm very happy it's still there and has been appreciated :)
Which remodeling project would you like us to tackle this time?

I vaguely remember brianman and rolosrevenge and I going for that outlet and then someone told us it was needed for something else (details are hazy - it's been 9 months) and we actually ended up re-doing part of it to get to the other outlet.
But it's entirely possible that we just confused ourselves.
Yah, there was some competition with the entertainment for power. Also there were some plugs that either didn't work or were "human traffic unfriendly"; I forget which.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean me up in trees, everyone else down below directing...
I clearly recall at least three of us (me included) saying "I'm not going up there" and rolo cheerfully claiming the job.

Which remodeling project would you like us to tackle this time?

I'll come up with something :).

Seriously, I don't think there is any project like that. (Just don't show up early again and say 'what can we do to help???'. That was your downfall.)

I will be asking for a few volunteers to *own* different tasks, like parking, games, registration. Not that any one person will have to be on that task the entire time, but just organize it so the task is covered. More on that later.

Photo collage from last year:

sc collage.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Then I pretty much have to come then, don't I.

I am already nervous.

Well, I didn't mention it at the time but y'know how an extension cord was requested? That's because they went in the wrong way (there was an outlet I showed someone right at the deck to plug in, rather than a cord up over the rocks to the house...). BUT, instead of taking them down and restringing, just rewired the plug on the other end. Because you're right. Taking them down would have been a huge effort. I have pictures somewhere of all of you up in trees, directing each other. Somehow it got done. And has been appreciated all year. :)

Brilliant solution. I recall pointing out that we had the first cord in backwards from the optimal direction for plugging in, but it was already too late by then. Someday when someone takes down those strings they will wonder about finding the same plug sex on both ends of a string. At the far end from where you now plug in, I hope that you replaced the male end with a female plug (or capped it) so there were not live prongs sticking out.