Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hong Kong Electric Vehicle Fiesta 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

markwj

Asia Pacific
Apr 10, 2011
Hong Kong
AutoSportsHK, and the Hong Kong Automobile Association, are organising an Electric Vehicle Fiesta at the Lam Tsuen Wishing Tree site in the northern Hong Kong New Territories.

The Lam Tsuen Wishing Trees (林村許願樹) are a popular shrine in Hong Kong located near the Tin Hau Temple in Fong Ma Po Village, Lam Tsuen. The temple was built around 1768 or 1771, during the reign of the Qianlong Emperor in the Qing dynasty (1644-1912). The site consists of a large open area, with extensive parking on two sides, and the wishing trees, visitors centre, and environmental centre on another.

The Electric Vehicle Fiesta will consist of vehicle demo, EV parking, and skills based course areas. VW, BMW, Tesla and Renault will be showing their latest EV offerings, and HKPC will be presenting their charging technology used by many of the EV charger manufacturers in Hong Kong.

The event will run throughout the day, starting at 10:30am and winding up around 5pm, but attendance is flexible. The morning will be primarily an opportunity to see and talk to the various vehicle manufacturers, and for owners to get together and see the cars. There will then be an opportunity for group lunches at the nearby restaurants in the village. In the afternoon, the skills based course will be opened up to participating EV drivers, to practice your driving skills in a wide open safe controlled environment, under the guidance of the Hong Kong Automobile Association.

The event is open to all members of Charged Hong Kong, and will be operated on a non-profit basis.

This is a unique event for the Hong Kong EV community, and one that we hope can become an annual event open to members of the public, but for this first year it is private and by invitation only. The event is subject to capacity and ticketing arrangements, so please book early to avoid disappointment.

http://www.charged.hk/civicrm/event/info?id=2&reset=1

The save-the-date announcement is posted below, for posterity:

More details are going to come in a week or so, but I wanted to get the date out there so you guys can put it in your diaries and save the date.

On Sunday 14th June 2015, there is gonna be a real cool event for the EV movement, and EV owners, in Hong Kong. You're gonna be able to see a bunch of different EVs, and get to play in a cool location. You'll learn something. You'll do your bit towards promoting EVs in Hong Kong. You'll meet lots of cool people. And, you'll have fun doing it.

So, save the date. Sunday 14th June 2015. Early morning to late afternoon.

Last edited:
Full details have just been posted for this event.

This is going to be the first major EV event in Hong Kong. Organised by AutoSportsHK (the company behind bringing Formula-e to Hong Kong) and the Hong Kong Automobile Association. Charged.HK is arranging EV drivers, and HKAA is inviting their members interested in EVs.

This is a unique event for the Hong Kong EV community, and one that we hope can become an annual event open to members of the public, but for this first year it is private and by invitation only. Costs are as minimal as we can make them (just to cover the event venue expenses).

Please do try to come - we need the community to participate. You're gonna be able to see a bunch of different EVs, and get to play in a cool location. You'll learn something. You'll do your bit towards promoting EVs in Hong Kong. You'll meet lots of cool people. And, you'll have fun doing it.

The event is subject to capacity and ticketing arrangements, so please book early to avoid disappointment.

Registered. BTW, is the skills circuit timeslot assigned to me or I need to reserve one in advance?

When you register, you select the number of time slots you want to reserve. You are guaranteed that number of slots. On the day, you can also pay HK$100 for extra slots, but those are subject to availability.

The time itself will be worked out on the day. We'll be on the course in the afternoon.

A bump on this thread.

Attendee numbers are growing, but not fast enough. Come on guys, this will be a great event and get together for the EV community in Hong Kong. It is inexpensive (run as non-profit, with AutoSportsHK charges to recover the event facility costs), and should be a fantastic day out. Let's get together and support the promotion of EVs in Hong Kong!

I want to come and meet everyone but I may have been gone already. If I am still around I will come. I will register now. If I cannot make it, the registration fee is my donation to ChagedEV.

- - - Updated - - -

What are the differences in skill 1, 2, 3 levels?

I want to come and meet everyone but I may have been gone already. If I am still around I will come. I will register now. If I cannot make it, the registration fee is my donation to ChagedEV.

- - - Updated - - -

What are the differences in skill 1, 2, 3 levels?

Not a skill level, just the number of times you want to go around the skill circuit. One time, two times, or three times.

Public events require permits from the Government, adding to the administrative burden of a small organization staffed solely by volunteers.
As for ads, if you know any newspapers willing to give us free press, please feel free to pass contacts to us.

I think with this event it should be for all puplic and not just ChagedEV, then more people will go.
also should put adds in news papers and every EV forum

As AppleFan says, this is a private event to keep things simple. Both we and AutoSportsHK (who are the organisers for this) definitely want to run public events, but this is something that we will have to grow into. At the moment, keeping the event private limits the hoops we need to go through.

That said, ChargedHK is free to join (no financial $$$ required, and no onerous restrictions on membership - members just have to agree to abide by the constitution).

As AppleFan says, this is a private event to keep things simple. Both we and AutoSportsHK (who are the organisers for this) definitely want to run public events, but this is something that we will have to grow into. At the moment, keeping the event private limits the hoops we need to go through.

That said, ChargedHK is free to join (no financial $$$ required, and no onerous restrictions on membership - members just have to agree to abide by the constitution).

Cool I hope it will grow big and get more poeple to join the ChargedHK.
I have ask many of my BMW club and Super car friends to join 65
the ChargedHK.

I have made 2 maps showing how to drive to the place.
Take the 1st turn when you arrive a the village.
DO NOT take the 2nd 1 turn.

2015-06-10_102643.jpg

2015-06-09_172311.jpg

2015-06-10_104957.jpg

2015-06-10_105032.jpg