Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered Inventory 85D Yesterday

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Following my test drive yesterday at the Scottsdale gallery I ordered the demo vehicle I drove. It had all the options I wanted, may some I couldn't make up my mind on such as the 21" wheels but they looked so good and drove well. They said it takes approximately 2 weeks for delivery. Planning now our first long distance trip from here to Syracuse, NY to take my daughter and stuff to school early June. That will be an adventure.

Congrats. Watch those 21" wheels and tires. They are expensive to replace and damage easily. If they would let you swap to 19s and get a credit I would do it. YMMV.

I drive more now with the tesla then I ever did before. I now drive every year from DC to northern Wisconsin and back, this year via New Hampshire so I'll be going right through Syracuse. Road trips in a tesla with the superchargers are a lot of fun.

Congrats. Watch those 21" wheels and tires. They are expensive to replace and damage easily. If they would let you swap to 19s and get a credit I would do it. YMMV.

I drive more now with the tesla then I ever did before. I now drive every year from DC to northern Wisconsin and back, this year via New Hampshire so I'll be going right through Syracuse. Road trips in a tesla with the superchargers are a lot of fun.

Congrats nh-srt8

I think Tesla (IMHO) stopped doing swapping of the wheels and giving a credit but you certainly can keep 21 wheels and have 19 wheels installed

Congrats nh-srt8

I think Tesla (IMHO) stopped doing swapping of the wheels and giving a credit but you certainly can keep 21 wheels and have 19 wheels installed

Yes that appears to be correct. My discussion with them is that they no longer will swap wheels anymore. They said that they used to but that no longer is an option. This was the one area that may me think long over whether to buy this but in the end I'm happy with the decision but will be careful. I can always switch to aftermarket wheels later if it becomes a problem.

Traveling today so apologies for delayed response. February built vehicle 85D, Black, Grey leather, Pano, Carbon Fiber, 21", Black Headliner, Dual Chargers, Premium Interior, Smart Air, Tech Package., with autopilot $92,027.

No next gen seats, the side bolsters are just too tight for me. I'm not exactly small :biggrin: and I found them uncomfortable plus it makes it easier to get my fat head out of the door while exiting rather than scrubbing over the bolsters.

Cool, I have you priced out at $100k without the dual chargers. Not sure where that option went... lets add $2000 for it as an estimate. $102K spec out. So that's a 10% discount and you get the tax credit still. Pretty good deal!

$2k is a great estimate. Tesla made a change a few weeks ago - it used to be a $1500 option at build or $3600 at a service center later. Now it's a $2k service center option only, can't be selected on initial build (presumably to simplify the production line.)
Walter

So I thought I provide an update of events should anyone be interested in the inventory purchase option. I'm leasing so I'll include those steps also and hope this is useful:

4/25 Test drive and placed inventory car order
4/25 Submitted lease application - simple 5 questions form
4/27 Lease application approved and selected mileage band
4/29 DS contact made
4/30 DS confirmed delivery date options
5/1 Electrical survey and installation estimate.
5/1 Purchased HPWC directly from service center

Future events
5/6 Installation of HPWC
5/7 Delivery

Wow, that's moving right along. I submitted my app to Tesla financing on Friday 4/24 and on Friday 5/1, I still haven't heard from them.
That seems too long. I know the confirmation email said that a decision is normally provided same day but it could take longer. I'd probably call them to see. The only time I had to nudge them was to get the DS engaged.

That seems too long. I know the confirmation email said that a decision is normally provided same day but it could take longer. I'd probably call them to see. The only time I had to nudge them was to get the DS engaged.

You got a confirmation email? I got an order confirmation email, but not a Tesla financing one. But two Owner Advisors and my DS have said they see the app was submitted, so I should "hear soon".

You got a confirmation email? I got an order confirmation email, but not a Tesla financing one. But two Owner Advisors and my DS have said they see the app was submitted, so I should "hear soon".

Yes I got a confirmation email from Tesla Financing with the following:

Tesla Leasing
We've received your application
Most applications are processed the same day depending on when it was submitted, but give us a few days before reaching out. If you have questions, call us at (877)778-3752 or email [email protected]

So I thought I provide an update of events should anyone be interested in the inventory purchase option. I'm leasing so I'll include those steps also and hope this is useful:

4/29 DS contact made

Future events
5/6 Installation of HPWC
5/7 Delivery

Do the service centers typically have the HPWC on hand? I am not taking delivery for 6 months but want to be sure and get the electrical all set prior.

Do the service centers typically have the HPWC on hand? I am not taking delivery for 6 months but want to be sure and get the electrical all set prior.
My DS called my service center to make sure that they had plenty of stock, which they did so I didn't place the order through the online store. The DS also told me that they ship the HPWC on Tuesday's and Friday's if you order through the online order. That gives plenty of options for determining when you need to get one.

4/29 DS contact made

Future events
5/6 Installation of HPWC
5/7 Delivery

HPWC installed today on 100amp circuit, added to my insurance policy, ready now for delivery tomorrow. Can't wait.