Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possible error on Model S CPO website: missing Parking Sensors?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ecarfan

I've been browsing the CPO car listings and have noticed that for the San Francisco area, out of 25 cars listed only one is shown as having Parking Sensors. Then I checked the five most expensive CPO cars shown for the Los Angeles area and none of them are shown as having the Parking Sensors option.

That seems highly unlikely. I suspect a glitch in the software backend that runs CPO database driving those listings.

Also, the location filter drop down menu does not "maintain state" when you return to the main Pre-owned page after viewing an individual listing. In my browsers the San Francisco area comes up by default. If I select a different area and then view an individual car page in that area, and then hit the back button in my browser it goes back to the San Francisco area. This makes viewing individual cars in other areas rather tedious.

And the location filter drop down menu needs an "All regions" choice.

Last edited:
I ordered my S in mid-October 2013 and Parking Sensors were available. My father ordered his S in mid-September 2013 and got Parking Sensors. According to the wiki at Model S options by year - a running history - Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum
Parking sensors, front and rear were added as a Design Studio option in August 2013.""

That said, I take the point made upthread that cars below about VIN 29,000 could not have Parking Sensors. And in fact, on the CPO page for San Francisco area cars there only three with VINs higher than that number. One of the three has Parking Sensors.

That said, on the Los Angeles area CPO page, for the five cars listed with VINs above 29,000 none of them are shown as having Parking Sensors. That seems odd to me. They are heavily optioned cars.

Last edited:
I agree there is an issue. There are plenty of 2014 cars that should have parking sensors and don't list them. It would be nice if they set up the search capability a bit better so you could do a search for a car with the features you want instead of just browsing. Maybe they'll add that capability as they expand the inventory.

They came available as an option some time around the beginning of November 2013. When I ordered my car on November 5th 2013 they had just been announced. I would be suspicious of any VINs lower than 28,000 if you want Parking Sensors.

A while ago, I was looking at P20500, and it had them. Then, there's this P21123:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/371311942252?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
I think the August, 2013 deliveries had some lower 20's among them.

Very good catch on the Parking Sensors.
I too noticed that the CPO website was not geographically aware, it brings me to the SanFran inventory first whilst I am near New York City, so at the present version the web designers are not taking geographic data of the users into account. I will have to play with the CPO website a bit more.

Very good catch on the Parking Sensors.
I too noticed that the CPO website was not geographically aware, it brings me to the SanFran inventory first whilst I am near New York City, so at the present version the web designers are not taking geographic data of the users into account. I will have to play with the CPO website a bit more.

Maybe their geolocation just isn't that robust. It takes me to the correct city (Los Angeles).

Looking at the ten highest VINs, only one has 'no parking sensors', under Hank's 'Opts' link. Otherwise, nothing is said. 4 of them actually list "parking sensors", on the website. This seems more reasonable, among P5X,XXX (Q3 production), but I wonder if the odd way they are recording the options isn't accounting for a lot of the >P2X,XXX VINs, that actually might have them. At least some might be in for a 'positive' surprise.