Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Universal Studios Orlando Valet Parking just added two HPWCs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just at Universal Studios in Orlando, and noticed the Valet Parking has installed two HPWCs! They also have two J1772 connectors for other EVs. There are only two parking spaces, but 4 chargers. It isn't online yet, but it is fully installed. Here is a picture.

20150425_192052[1].jpg

You will have to pay for Valet Parking, but this is the valet parking for Citywalk, Islands of Adventure & Universal Studios.

It is located at 28.474759 Lat / -81.464215 Lon, here is a link to google maps.

Don't know how that is going to work out, they haven't officially started doing it yet, since the chargers aren't officially on yet.

I have been letting them park my P85 when I go there. And now that there is a valet mode I have less concern.

Last edited:
30 March 2015 2302 local time: The Valet at the Hilton Orlando lake Buena Vista got over 40MPH before I dropped my luggage and took this screenshot. He was having fun from what I could tell by the speed bursts. This was nowhere near the valet lot which is ~100yards from the front door, and when I confronted them they said they have a max speed policy of 10mph. When we arrived home from this trip, the update with valet mode downloaded.

tesla valet.PNG

I'm glad to see Universal add the HPWCs. However, I wish they would also add a few HPWC to the self parking lot as well since I'm never comfortable letting a stranger drive my car, even with the new valet mode.

The chargers are right before you reach the valet attendants. You can pull in and park yourself, and then go pay for the valet service. You WILL have to sign a waiver form for using the chargers. For use of the chargers, ask for the Lead Valet attendant. At least one person on each shift has been trained for Teslas.

The chargers are right before you reach the valet attendants. You can pull in and park yourself, and then go pay for the valet service. You WILL have to sign a waiver form for using the chargers. For use of the chargers, ask for the Lead Valet attendant. At least one person on each shift has been trained for Teslas.

Thanks for the tip. Did you have to leave your key with them? If not, their "training" on Teslas wouldn't matter.

Valet requires you to let them park it and plug-in. A buddy and I just pulled up, and even though I'd already backed in and was about to plug in (and was happy to pay the $15 to "valet"),they gave me tons of attitude and even threatened to tow my car if I didn't let them do it and leave the key. The guys were super unprofessional, and even wrote the wrong time on my ticket by over an hour because I questioned their policy. Won't be parking here again!

I would very much like to see the Four Seasons at Walt Disney World install a few HPWCs. They're the only guys mature enough to not abuse a vehicle. Handing my car over to Disney College program valets or even Universal Studios employees feels like handing the keys to my neighbors kid. An accident waiting to happen.

I would very much like to see the Four Seasons at Walt Disney World install a few HPWCs. They're the only guys mature enough to not abuse a vehicle. Handing my car over to Disney College program valets or even Universal Studios employees feels like handing the keys to my neighbors kid. An accident waiting to happen.

Hi Steve,

I would like to see some destination chargers at resort hotels at Walt Disney World as well.

The Four Seasons folks seem to "Get It" and they have been fairly active with the help of CarCharging™ in adopting electric chargers at their luxury hotels. It wouldn't surprise me to see them take action. In contrast, despite our urgings for several years, Walt Disney World has been uninterested in pursuing electric charging equipment at their luxury resort hotels. Since many of the folks driving Model Ss are the same people that frequent luxury resort hotels, I believe we will begin to see a gradual, but accelerating erosion of Disney resort hotels' customer base as increasing numbers of Teslas and other EVs take to the roads and shift their patronage to hotels like the Four Seasons which have shown foresight in anticipating the need for an important amenity.

Larry

Hi Steve,

I would like to see some destination chargers at resort hotels at Walt Disney World as well.

The Four Seasons folks seem to "Get It" and they have been fairly active with the help of CarCharging™ in adopting electric chargers at their luxury hotels. It wouldn't surprise me to see them take action. In contrast, despite our urgings for several years, Walt Disney World has been uninterested in pursuing electric charging equipment at their luxury resort hotels. Since many of the folks driving Model Ss are the same people that frequent luxury resort hotels, I believe we will begin to see a gradual, but accelerating erosion of Disney resort hotels' customer base as increasing numbers of Teslas and other EVs take to the roads and shift their patronage to hotels like the Four Seasons which have shown foresight in anticipating the need for an important amenity.

Larry

I would agree with that. We held a vacation membership (DVC) at Disney World for several years. The lack of any response was not the main factor which caused us to sell our interest and vacation elsewhere but it certainly added to the pile. There's a huge disconnect in that company which has only become worse with every passing year. Many of us have sent letters requesting charging access only to be told 'at the moment there is not enough demand to warrant charging' then find every single charger we come across in the I4 corridor in use and all of the Chargepoint units at Epcot always full. They installed dozens of chargers at Aulani and Disney Land yet for some reason Disney World gets nothing. Even their brand new state of the art parking garage at Disney Springs -formerly Downtown Disney- has zero infrastructure despite thousands of sensors making it a "smart garage". They spared no expense but couldn't afford to install a few chargers. Amazing.

I would agree with that. We held a vacation membership (DVC) at Disney World for several years. The lack of any response was not the main factor which caused us to sell our interest and vacation elsewhere but it certainly added to the pile. There's a huge disconnect in that company which has only become worse with every passing year. Many of us have sent letters requesting charging access only to be told 'at the moment there is not enough demand to warrant charging' then find every single charger we come across in the I4 corridor in use and all of the Chargepoint units at Epcot always full. They installed dozens of chargers at Aulani and Disney Land yet for some reason Disney World gets nothing. Even their brand new state of the art parking garage at Disney Springs -formerly Downtown Disney- has zero infrastructure despite thousands of sensors making it a "smart garage". They spared no expense but couldn't afford to install a few chargers. Amazing.

Yes, what you say is true. In my communications with WDW I mentioned the Aulani to no avail. Regarding the new "Downtown" Disney garages I am informed that there are plans to install a couple of dual ChargePoints.

Larry

Last edited: