Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Premium Center Console - Only in Black

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When you order the center console, they ship it to a service center so they can install it for you. Installation is included with the price. Currently, only the Piano Black version is available. All other versions have been on back order for over a year. I’m waiting for the Obeche Gloss version, which I ordered on 10-Dec-2013

Tesla's premium console is really well designed. Unlike the other aftermarket one, the Tesla version uses all the space and has a wide opening door that make getting at all the space a lot easier. The cup holder brackets are configurable for both size and position. You can have one, or two, or no cup holders at all.

Too bad it doesn't come in leather colors besides black, stitching besides white, or trim besides Piano Black...otherwise I might consider buying one! Until it does, I'll keep enjoying my nearly two-year-old Custom CCI, which is every bit as functional, matches all of my trim options, and is fully removable.

Here you go. Opened and closed. Had it installed at the service center last year. There is a box of tissues hidden in front of the 2 travel mugs. Plenty of space.

IMG_5041.jpg
IMG_5042.jpg

Not sure if the other finishes are available yet. As far as the matching of the color, it looks exactly like the color and stitching of the open channel sidewalls / partition (see below).

IMG_5029.jpg

One thing to note, the partition for the cupholders are removable and configurable, which is nice. But your beverage containers are essentially sitting on the carpeted floor so be careful if your drink spills.

Not sure if the other finishes are available yet. As far as the matching of the color, it looks exactly like the color and stitching of the open channel sidewalls / partition (see below).

View attachment 79516

One thing to note, the partition for the cupholders are removable and configurable, which is nice. But your beverage containers are essentially sitting on the carpeted floor so be careful if your drink spills.

great tips. Thanks!

Saw it displayed at local SC, but the white stitching doesn't match my black stitching. Any easy way to color the stitching black without messing it up?

I had read about someone using shoe polish to dye the stitching. This had come up before, in another thread. I posted in that thread, and found a link the the original post, and then others posted after me. Here is that post:

Premium Rear Console - Page 7

The center console is pretty easy to take apart, and can easily be wrapped in anything that you like.

Did mine this weekend as well as the dashboard. Estimated time to take apart, wrap and put it all together: 4-5 hours - cost of materials: 50€

IMG_8527.jpg
IMG_8528.jpg

My write up:

Center Console Review | TESLA OWNER

so much better than the open floor!

Very good review.

I just want to make one point, in case you are not aware of it. You wrote:

--
A few Tesla owners have complained about the esthetics of the storage console. I think it is fine with one exception. I do not like the white stitching on the leather. It stands out as no other stitching on the leather (or faux leather) is white. It simply needs to be black. The esthetics are much improved over my former junk drawer look – even when filled with lots of items on a longer trip.
--

Older cars use black stitching. But the newer cars use white stitching, and Tesla is manufacturing the consoles to match the newer cars.

Some people with older cars are dyeing the stitching black, using shoe polish or other things.

Just wanted to share that information, in case you weren't aware of it.

Here you go. Opened and closed. Had it installed at the service center last year. There is a box of tissues hidden in front of the 2 travel mugs. Plenty of space.

]]

Many thanks for the pics and writeup. I ordered one a week or so ago so it would be shipped to delivery center and installed when I take delivery as well. There seems to be about a 2 week lead time required for anyone wanting to do that. To be safe I'd order it when you get your VIN it seems, then remind them as it gets closer (seems like you have to at times).

Can't wait!