Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

new charge port behavior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After 6.2, the charge port is now opening with the button on the mobile connector regardless of door lock state, when parked at the 'home' location.

Can anyone else confirm this feature for themselves? I think it is great. And the only other home GPS tagged feature I would request is auto fold side mirrors when a home link button is activated and GPS detects the home location.

Maybe I misunderstand, but I've been able to open my charge port with the mobile connector at home since delivery over a year ago.

I'd slightly disagree with your mirror recommendation as I need them to back into my garage, so folding them when I open the garage door wouldn't help.

Maybe I misunderstand, but I've been able to open my charge port with the mobile connector at home since delivery over a year ago.

I'd slightly disagree with your mirror recommendation as I need them to back into my garage, so folding them when I open the garage door wouldn't help.

As with all features, an option for those who need it would be nice.

But this new charge port door function is without the key fob present. I recall needing the key fob to open charge port door before and disengage the locking pin.