Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla - Apple Watch support

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my Apple Watch yesterday and it's pretty sweet. All that's missing is support from my Tesla app. I emailed the feature request group at Tesla to request it. Anyone else have an Apple Watch? If you do go ahead and shoot Tesla an email asking for support. Maybe enough of us can make a difference.

So now you can see and do less with your watch app vs your phone app... Not seeing why it would even be a priority for Tesla, let alone Model S owners. Really, what is the benefit? Your phone has to be on your person to
use the watch. It's a gimmick at this point, and so would a Tesla app...

So now you can see and do less with your watch app vs your phone app... Not seeing why it would even be a priority for Tesla, let alone Model S owners. Really, what is the benefit? Your phone has to be on your person to
use the watch. It's a gimmick at this point, and so would a Tesla app...
You may be right but it's early times for the potential of the Apple Watch. With the number of users and developers pounding away at it, compelling uses may come up. Personally, the guided walking directions via wrist taps without having to look at a screen of any size may be worthwhile for new city exploration.

The iPad was, of course, derided as a big iPhone with no real purpose as well. And who needs a big screen in a car?

It will be fun to watch (yes, intended).:rolleyes:

I got my Apple watch yesterday too, I don't need to be near my phone to gain access. I don't know if it wifi' or what, but I can be away from my phone and connect. I can play music and use the camera remotely from across the house. It's great, phone on the charger and from the couch pick songs read emails,, get texts. An app would be awsome just to check statue of supercharger charge, or bump the heat. Watch is now a nessesity, I'm ordering my wife one!

I got my Apple watch yesterday too, I don't need to be near my phone to gain access. I don't know if it wifi' or what, but I can be away from my phone and connect. I can play music and use the camera remotely from across the house. It's great, phone on the charger and from the couch pick songs read emails,, get texts. An app would be awsome just to check statue of supercharger charge, or bump the heat. Watch is now a nessesity, I'm ordering my wife one!

It's a necessity now? How did you survive before?? How has the human race gone without the ability to check emails in the past using a small device on their wrist? Oh yeah, they had options like the Pebble and the Samsung stuff.

Personally, its just a redundant device that creates more distractions and sucks your brain and focus way too much into technology that is needed. I have to just laugh at the people saying this watch is all of a sudden a "necessity" for their lives now, when its just a dumbed down tiny screen version of the apps you use on your phone. iPhone fine.. iPad, ok I get it.. watch? Nope.

+1

I tend to agree... I have an iPhone and iPad, and can't see a reason to spend $349+ on the watch, my $100 fitbit monitors my activity just fine, and is much less of a distraction. Apple is now in the "fashion" business, with the high end versions of the watch at $17K

Last edited:
The thing I like about the watch is the fact my phone can be 3 rooms away and I will still get text messages, know when it rings, etc. If I look at my watch a bit more and pull out my phone a bit less I will be happy and that is exactly whats been happening for the past two days.

I am enjoying the watch more than expected.

In regards to a Tesla App, it would be great to get a watch notification that your car has reached your desired charing level. My car is still on order, so, I am not 100% familiar with the workings of the iOS app. Many Apple Watch apps obviously do not do everything the iOS app does. It just takes those quick nuggets you might want to know about and displays those.

I like the idea of it but I can't bring myself to wearing a device on my wrist that emits bluetooth and wifi. It's probably not a concern but I'd just rather err on the side of caution. Life's too short to experiment with my health.
Do you have a phone? Smartphone with Bluetooth and wifi? Sitting next to your nuts? Wrist seems safer :)
Of course I'll have both, so just call me lumpy, I guess.

It's a necessity now? How did you survive before?? How has the human race gone without the ability to check emails in the past using a small device on their wrist?........

"A luxury, once sampled, becomes a necessity."

That is why we have electricity and indoor plumbing in our homes. Also, air conditioning, central heating, refrigerators, televisions, washing machines, vacuum cleaners, etc, etc, etc.

None of these things are necessary for survival, and our ancestors managed to survive for thousands of years without them. So what? They are still necessities now.

GSP

I also got the watch on Friday. It's really very nice and I'm enjoying it a lot. As long as notifications are turned on on the iPhone for the Tesla app, notifications of starting and stopping of charging are received on the watch which is quite handy. Hopefully, Tesla will update the app to provide full control as BWM has done.

It's a necessity now? How did you survive before?? How has the human race gone without the ability to check emails in the past using a small device on their wrist? Oh yeah, they had options like the Pebble and the Samsung stuff.

Necessity may have been, technically, too strong a word.
Then again, the Model S, iPhone, house bigger than 200 sq feet, public education and grocery stores are also not "necessities" by the strictest sense.

For me, the iPhone is going to be very, very useful.
My blood glucose monitor has an iWatch app which will allow me to very easily view my blood sugar in situations where doing so every 5 minutes was awkward.
I am looking forward to using the health apps and being able to use iPay very conveniently.
I am also looking forward to no longer having to dig out my iPhone to check the time.

Are any of these things a necessity? No, but each removes an inconvenience and some even improve my quality of life.
So I would call it well worth the money.

I also love the fact I'm not picking up my 6+ all the time. Just noticed tesla notifications on my watch. Thanks. No inconvenience at all, like the Tesla use it all day and still get home with 66% charge. Pop them both on the charger and ready for the next day! Thanks Tesla, Thanks, Apple for moving us forward. P.s the watch is great when I'm up on a roof installing panels and can just lift my wrist. Instead of pulling glove off, etc.