Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S p85d insane mode el toro air field 4-24-15

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AFAIK LEDs are not fired but typically supplied with a constant DC voltage. Yes, if that DC voltage is particularly dirty and rippled then you can see some LEDs flicker.

But that car exhibited a particular sequence while it doesn't appear that the other cars had. It also looks like the tail lights were pulsing as well. I suspect this was a deliberate mod. I can't see how rippled DC voltage supplied to LED lamp assemblies would generate such a specific pattern that meets up exactly right in the corner.

Last edited:
AFAIK LEDs are not fired but typically supplied with a constant DC voltage. Yes, if that DC voltage is particularly dirty and rippled then you can see some LEDs flicker.

But that car exhibited a particular sequence while it doesn't appear that the other cars had. It also looks like the tail lights were pulsing as well. I suspect this was a deliberate mod. I can't see how rippled DC voltage supplied to LED lamp assemblies would generate such a specific pattern that meets up exactly right in the corner.

LEDs are also frequently driven by PWM for brightness control.