Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pittsburgh Store / Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As my (coffee) drinking buddy JakeP would say.... I think I found a "smoking gun":

TESLA Pittsburgh.com: Pittsburgh Location Soon?

Now I just have to be patient... patient... patient....

Lots of speculation in my blog, but here's the summary: there is a single part-time job posted for Pittsburgh, Ross Park area. I'm guessing an interim location in the mall pending the establishment of a full Service Center/Store. It's a baby step--- but at least we're moving out of the crawling stage in Pittsburgh!

1-Chrome Legacy Window 5212015 52622 PM.jpg

The other day I noticed that the Tesla Find Us map shows a Pittsburgh Store and Service center as "coming soon" in zip code 15201. The pin on the map is near the Lawrenceville Technology Center, but it could just be the center of that zip code, which runs along the south bank of the Allegheny river roughly from the Route 8 bridge west to 29th street. It's not particularly close to major highways, but it's certainly accessible even if traffic gets heavy at times.

Tesla is now doing some service (annual service, at least) in Ross Park Mall making use of the Sears Auto Center equipment when needed. First my car traveled to Columbus, then to Cleveland, and now to the North Hills, not far, if comments are to be believed, from the eventual location of their official service center.

Look at this article in the trib

Tesla dealership gets Marshall planners' approval

Summary is:

Tesla is submitting a request to open a service center to the Marshall council in July.

the proposed site is an existing building on Rt 19 between Cranberry and Wexford - the building is currently vacant, but was last occupied by Ethan Allen Furniture.

Assuming approval, the article says that Tesla could be operational in a few months.

Looks like your service center will benefit from the assignment of one of Tesla’s best service employees / managers IMO. Jonathan Hughes was initially the service manager at Rockville, MD, and then was asked to go over to Tysons Corner, VA to lead their service center efforts. Then he was reassigned to assist in the start-up of the Baltimore service center. I just ran into him at Tysons Corner service center this week, and he told me that he will be heading to Pittsburgh soon.

Reactions: arijaycomet