Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finding your trade in on the CPO website

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey, this is fun, the Pre-Owned ModelS | Tesla Motors site shows the VIN of the cars... so anyone who has recently traded in their Model S can see how much Tesla is adding in markup...
I'll admit that I was FLOORED that they added only 6% to my car (and they drove it 43 miles :-D)

WOW 6%? that is pretty good. I know car dealers add much more to their used cars. But then again, they expect you to haggle with them.

85 kWh Model S P52410 | Tesla Motors

this was mine....... they selling for a loss
Would you mind sharing how much? I find this... unsettling...
And while I'm sure you have your numbers right... I first had mine wrong and mistakenly had added the returned prepaid service / prepaid extended warranty in my calculations which at first made me think they were selling mine at a loss, but when I went back to my paperwork I saw that it was actually a 6% markup...

Would you mind sharing how much? I find this... unsettling...
And while I'm sure you have your numbers right... I first had mine wrong and mistakenly had added the returned prepaid service / prepaid extended warranty in my calculations which at first made me think they were selling mine at a loss, but when I went back to my paperwork I saw that it was actually a 6% markup...

78k was my trade in credit.

Looks like they might be taking a hit on those low mileage new cars. Trade in is much lower if people wait for th guarantee price at 3 years. I believe some of the 2012 cars should be lower, but who knows. Maybe they will lower as time goes when they realize they cant sell the older ones at the higher price.