Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lighted rear appliqué with special effects - appreciation dinner with creators

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since December 2013, the idea of lighting the chrome strip on back of the Tesla Model S (the appliqué), original posted by artsci, has evolved into something spectacular! Here is the thread where it all started.

In appreciation for artisci and Danal's work (and all the contributors), lets have a special dinner night at TMC. (artisci has confirmed, waiting on to confirm if Danal will attend). If not, would suggest we do something else special in addition to the dinner.

Please post your interest to join them here. If interested, please provide any special dietary requirements, which night July 10, 11 or 12 are workable, and any suggestions on places to dine here or via PM.

attachment.php?attachmentid=78051&d=1429105513.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=78052&d=1429105538.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=79123&d=1429886341.png

Paul, Very grateful for your doing this. I'll be arriving from the east coast on the 10th then driving to southern CA on the morning of the 13th, so all three nights work for me. I'd prefer Friday or Saturday if that doesn't interfere with TMC Connect events. My brother David will be my co-driver for the trip from the East so I hope he can join us. He's a lifelong BMW driver but loves the Model S.

I'm in...and happy to repay the amazing efforts of our resident geeks/mods. Note that Bonnie has not firmed up her Picnic date (either Thursday or Sunday), so you can poll the crowds, but she/we might not know yet. Right now, for me, any of those nights work.

Do we know the venue yet? The hotel location might dictate where to dine.

Depending when it is, i would like to join in with this dinner/event.

Talking to Doug last weekend at the Reach the Beach event, it sounds like TMC Connect will include events both Friday and Saturday nights (I believe Doug will soon be giving full details of the whole event. He still was working on some details.)

Depending on when Artsci (and others are planning to arrive), maybe a Friday lunch might be best, or Sunday breakfast/brunch.

I'm in...and happy to repay the amazing efforts of our resident geeks/mods. Note that Bonnie has not firmed up her Picnic date (either Thursday or Sunday), so you can poll the crowds, but she/we might not know yet. Right now, for me, any of those nights work.

I certainly don't want to miss Bonnie's picnic, provided I'm invited:)

I'll be glad to chip in and be there as well.

While I am not a creator in this project, I have been an early supporter and helped Rick acquire several of the appliqués. I'll enjoy showing off my mods!

Depending when it is, i would like to join in with this dinner/event.

Talking to Doug last weekend at the Reach the Beach event, it sounds like TMC Connect will include events both Friday and Saturday nights (I believe Doug will soon be giving full details of the whole event. He still was working on some details.)

Depending on when Artsci (and others are planning to arrive), maybe a Friday lunch might be best, or Sunday breakfast/brunch.
Will certainly wait for the Party at Picnic Creek date, guests arrivals, TMC event details, & dining options before firming plans.

I'll be glad to chip in and be there as well.

While I am not a creator in this project, I have been an early supporter and helped Rick acquire several of the appliqués. I'll enjoy showing off my mods!

I hope you're bringing the dogs along -- they'll be a hit!

Bonnie's picnic is Sunday afternoon so let's work around that.

- - - Updated - - -

Count me in too.
I may be hitching a ride out west and flying back, or flying RT, but would love to support our local celeb innovator :)

Hitch a ride? You're welcome to ride with me and my brother. We can share the driving:) Leaving Baltimore on July 4 and meeting up with the rest of the group at the Hagerstown Supercharger.

Fortunately the event hotel (Hyatt Regency Santa Clara) is pet friendly although the web site says dogs must be under 50 pounds. We'll see... I'm bringing my dog along for the ride from the East coast, as will my co-driver brother. Mine a Yellow Lab, his a Cockapoo.

Fortunately the event hotel (Hyatt Regency Santa Clara) is pet friendly although the web site says dogs must be under 50 pounds. We'll see... I'm bringing my dog along for the ride from the East coast, as will my co-driver brother. Mine a Yellow Lab, his a Cockapoo.
(80 lb Lab + 12 lb Cockapoo)/2 dogs = 46 lb/dog Works for me!