Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Tesla Creed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

FlasherZ

Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv
Jun 21, 2012
This was originally buried in the "I'm Out" thread, but a couple of people encouraged me to make it its own topic.

I feel like, at ~50k miles, I've just broken my Model S in. I still invent reasons to drive places - taking a ~60 mi round trip just to go browse at the home improvement store, coming home with a few electrical parts or a clearance item or something, and knowing it cost me all of about $1.50 to do that (compared to $10+ in my Suburban or '65 GTO).

The loaners don't feel as "comfortable" as my Signature car does, because typically they haven't been broken in yet. While I don't mind a spirited run in a P85D, I still like my car better.

So, repeat after me, the Tesla creed:

This is my Tesla. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My Tesla is my best friend. It is my drive. I must master it as I must master my life.
My Tesla, without me, is useless. Without my Tesla, I drive without fun.
I must drive my Tesla true. I must drive straighter than my enemy who is trying to ICE me.
I must supercharge before he ICE's me. I will...
My Tesla and I know that what counts in driving is not the miles we drive, the noise of our car,
nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the fun that counts. We will charge...
My Tesla is human, even as I, because it is my drive. Thus, I will learn it as a brother.
I will learn its weaknesses, its strengths, its parts, its accessories, its frunk and its trunk.
I will keep my Tesla clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready.
We will become part of each other. We will...
Before God, I swear this creed. My Tesla and I are the defenders of fun driving.
We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of transportation.
So be it, until victory is electric and there is no enemy, but peace!

(Adaptation of Rifleman's Creed and a nod to Kubrick.)

Haha! Love it! I've had mine for a year and a half, and the novelty still hasn't worn off. I'm frequently out of town so I don't drive much. When I check in on my app from the other side of the planet, I can tell she misses me just as much as I'm looking forward to drive her home from the airport. She even has to cool herself off after I land before I see her.

Well cars like the aforementioned '65 GTO are probably appreciating now rather than depreciating. I don't know how much mileage effects value on classic cars though.

A Suburban (costing roughly half a Model S) will depreciate do to mileage at roughly half the rate.