Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New to Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congratulations on your upcoming delivery. I'm just across the Point of Rocks bridge in Leesburg, VA. Not exactly the same area but since we likely share the same air, thanks for buying a Tesla!

Yeah, you're about 20 mins from me. Picking up in Rockville as well as I see that in your signature. Looking forward to becoming an owner, so far the experience has been exceptional.

Take delivery of this beauty on Wednesday, can't wait!

1747cafc245d801a8987edc25dc906ad.jpg
4bed7059f015902a949702244e5ef850.jpg
f934c67163db71ce0387c9544a71932d.jpg
6e0c9f47c1da08f3161613effc24d6cb.jpg
34401145b559ab1101da8084f24c4eff.jpg
e832c740481393e445e4a2d0fe41b377.jpg
bea29a6d91ed2cd21b625660a5dfe3fc.jpg

Congrats on the purchase! I'll be checking back to see if there actually ends up being a Hagerstown SuperCharger meetup. I've not been to one yet and am looking for a reason to go (and always looking to meet up with or say hi to other owners :biggrin: )

Long story, didn't have a choice. The P85 that was put online wasn't meant to be on there in the first place as it wasn't up to Tesla's CPO standards. I'm okay with the 60 after driving it and given that I work from home, the range won't be an issue.

I like the 85 for long travel, although I think the 70D will do just as well. The 60 might be pushing it between some Superchargers, but they're building more of them pretty quickly these days and it sounds like you're not planning too many long trips just yet. We just drove to Denver and back last month. I wouldn't suggest trying that in a 60 just yet. :)

Where do you live, Kevin? Maybe we should pencil in a date and then announce it somewhere (in a new thread) for anyone else north of DC. I'm out of town next weekend, but could do the following (Sat, May 9). We could just do dinner or, if weather cooperates, we could head over to the Valley Mall in Hagerstown for a small car show that takes place there every Saturday (weather permitting) 5 PM - 8 PM. Cost is $2/vehicle and might be cool to show off a few Teslas to the locals. The car show is on the side of the mall with the food court so we could just get something to eat there. If you guys aren't keen on that, we could meet at the Supercharger and just have dinner. There is a very small food court at the Supercharger outlets and a decent steak house within a 5-10 minute walk.

I like the 85 for long travel, although I think the 70D will do just as well. The 60 might be pushing it between some Superchargers, but they're building more of them pretty quickly these days and it sounds like you're not planning too many long trips just yet. We just drove to Denver and back last month. I wouldn't suggest trying that in a 60 just yet. :)

Where do you live, Kevin? Maybe we should pencil in a date and then announce it somewhere (in a new thread) for anyone else north of DC. I'm out of town next weekend, but could do the following (Sat, May 9). We could just do dinner or, if weather cooperates, we could head over to the Valley Mall in Hagerstown for a small car show that takes place there every Saturday (weather permitting) 5 PM - 8 PM. Cost is $2/vehicle and might be cool to show off a few Teslas to the locals. The car show is on the side of the mall with the food court so we could just get something to eat there. If you guys aren't keen on that, we could meet at the Supercharger and just have dinner. There is a very small food court at the Supercharger outlets and a decent steak house within a 5-10 minute walk.

Yeah next weekend is no good as I'll be down in Richmond for the Mayweather fight, the following sounds like a plan however and my kids would enjoy that

I'm going through "Reach the Beach" withdrawal so a group meet-up would be fun.

There's a Cars and Coffee on Sundays from 8:30 - noon at the Wegmans in Leesburg that I've done a few times, as an FYI.
Second weekend in May is Mother's Day so I'll be occupied. But it would be fun to let the girl get out and stretch her legs, so I'd definitely be up for a run to Hagerstown.

Last edited:
I was at Reach the Beach as well. Had a great time -- hence my need for further public interaction!

The 10th is Mother's Day. The 9th is Tesla Day. ;)

If that doesn't work well for others, I could do the 23rd or 30th (although not the 16th). Might not hurt to plan ahead for others anyway... although what mother wouldn't want to spend the weekend in Hagerstown showing off a Tesla?

@TechGuy - I'm located directly between Annapolis and Baltimore. Right now the 9th sounds like it would work great for me (I haven't received marching orders on our family's Mother's Day plans yet). Either the Car Show or the Steak House is fine by me. Just so long as I get to try out a SuperCharger :biggrin: