Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the Electric Car? -Movie

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the comments on TEGs link above, I got into a teensy bit of debate about the carbon intensity of EVs versus ICEs that some of you might be interested to read.

Lots of good comments. Jim B’s main points are:
-sell any rooftop power generated to the utilities in order to reduce coal usage
-plug-in cars wash out any benefits of solar panels

What happens to these arguments as we collectively move away from coal?

@SByer - I completely agree regarding Jim. I'm not trying to persuade Jim. I just felt it was time to try out the "you hit us with coal, we'll hit you with tar-sands" somewhere and see how it went over; perhaps refine the rhetoric.

Credit to various people here for starting this line of response.

On the electricity cost of gasoline - I see the assertions, I want it to be true, but am still unconvinced by the evidence I've seen. Do you have links to a water-tight case?

The best was one that had data from California, since the market is relatively isolated and there was data on the refinery electricity usage. There was a link out from somewhere else in these forums. I think Googling 'the real price of gasoline' has the study in the top page. Gotta run, or I'd search out the link myself...