Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Toronto, Ontario > Buffalo, NY > New Haven, CT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I am considering purchasing a Tesla vehicle. One of my frequent routes is Toronto, Ontario > Buffalo, NY > New Haven, CT and return.
It's OK if I have to spend a night somewhere along the way in a hotel/motel.

How can I plan this route from a charging perspective?
Is there a planner app?

If not, or there is no charging station on the way, do I have to buy a car with a gas engine (or hybrid)? Or is there another solution?

Thanks a lot for your help in advance!

Gabor

Hello,

I am considering purchasing a Tesla vehicle. One of my frequent routes is Toronto, Ontario > Buffalo, NY > New Haven, CT and return.
It's OK if I have to spend a night somewhere along the way in a hotel/motel.

How can I plan this route from a charging perspective?
Is there a planner app?

If not, or there is no charging station on the way, do I have to buy a car with a gas engine (or hybrid)? Or is there another solution?

Thanks a lot for your help in advance!

Gabor

Trip Planner (beta) is included with the model S. The Supercharger network will allow you to go all of the way without an overnight stay (once the Buffalo Supercharger is up and running). See map at : Superchargers Red dots are active.

map.jpg

The best web app for trip planning is EVTripPlanner. It's run by a young lad trying to save for college, so if you find it useful, please throw a few shekels in the bin.

Currently, the fastest route is to head directly east from Toronto to the Kingston SC, then drop down to Utica, Albany, and directly from there to New Haven. (I'm assumed that you don't need to stop in Buffalo, but only that that was your normal routing; if not, see next line.)

The Buffalo SC is under construction; once that's open, you can take the faster route down to Buffalo, then to Utica, etc.

Last edited: