Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla cover - do you like yours?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm about to order my MS but won't have garage space for it until next spring or summer, so am thinking of getting the outdoor cover.

So users, how do you like your covers?

Is it easy to put on & remove?

Will it fit in a D frunk?

Anything else I should know about it?

Thanks

How about one of these?

Attachments

• IMG_20150404_090041725_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20150404_090041725_HDR.jpg
    950.7 KB · Views: 334
I'm in a similar situation and have my S parked outside. I got the exterior cover with the car. I do like it. It appears to be a premium product - not that I have had much experience with car covers. It weighs a good 8-10kg and is made by Coverking - Autobody Armor model. From their website ( Coverking Autobody Armor Custom-Fit Vehicle Cover ) :-

'AutoBody Armor™ Custom Car Cover
High water resistance
Provides maximum protection from damaging UV rays
Three outer-layers to protect against the elements, including preventing nicks and dings
Includes soft inner fleece lining to pamper the finish of your car
Highly breathable material to reduce condensation
Custom-fit to your vehicle specifications for a sleek and stylish look
Mirror and antenna pockets included
Available in gray only'

I would call the colour beige myself...

car cover fitted - small.jpg

From the picture, you can see it was raining here last night. My only concern with the cover design is that it allows puddling of water at the bottom of the windscreen. If this were to freeze I don't think it would be good for the cover. So, if you were planning on leaving it long term over the winter and freezing is a possibility, I'd roll up a sausage of old curtain or something wide enough to fill the gap across the width of the windscreen base to prevent water puddling. Perhaps stretching it fore and aft occasionally would suffice.

Yes, it will fit in the frunk - with a bit of squishing.

It appears to be very waterproof - though for how long remains to be seen.

The easiest way for one person to get it off is to fold up 2 feet or so, front and rear alternately, and then fold up the sides alternately until you have a pile on your roof 2' square and about 18" high. If you don't do this - and you own a very shiny car - the cover will tend to slide off in the direction of the largest, unfolded area - if that makes sense. It is quite an interesting exercise if there is any kind of wind blowing. It's then really a job for 2 people if you want to avoid it falling on the ground. If you do it this way, putting it back on is a simple reversal of the procedure. Just make sure you remember which way you took it off otherwise when you unfold it, it'll be back-to-front!

Realistically, if you want to get it back in its bag you will have to treat it like a sleeping bag - lay it out on the floor (indoors!) and fold it up from the sides so you have a 5m long, slightly less than the bag's length-wide object, then roll it up as tight as you can. It might then go back in the bag.

Lastly, do not be tempted to store it folded up if it is in the least bit wet. It will almost certainly go mouldy if you do. always make sure it is very dry first. MW

Last edited: