Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally found the ideal coat hanger for the pano roof bow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After two of the plastic coat hangers I bought on Amazon and attached to the pano roof interior cross bar broke (and slid around way too much), I finally got around to installing replacements. This is the junk that broke and annoyingly slid around (black plastic with a felt kind of covering).

21J8dTBDO9L.jpg

The new ones, also purchased on Amazon, are made of stainless steel and they anchor perfectly and firmly onto the metal part of what Tesla calls the panoramic roof bow (the cross bar). They won't slide around, won't break, and don't extend as far into the interior space.

Here are a few photos.

DSC_5939.JPG

DSC_5940.JPG

DSC_5941.JPG

As a surgeon, not so fast. Stainless hooks facing flesh are dangerous. Holds more risk than garments. My solution is not great but is ok. Small one hanger hook. Plastic. Will hold a week of dress shirts from cleaners. Bobino key clip.
image.jpg

For the alternative hooks being suggested, it would be appreciated if folks would:

-Supply a picture of how it looks installed?

-Describe how easy it may be to install"

-Any notes about fit (for instance, those over-the-door hooks might have a bit of a wide seating area as compared to the others?)

Thanks for the suggestions...

They work great and don't slide around. I've had them for about 6 months and they do the job. Below is a pic with a heavy leather jacket hung on them. For $10 I'm not sure why people are looking for other solutions.
View attachment 79495

So you have these hanging from the headliner and not the pano roof bow--are you worried about tearing/buckling the headliner with too much weight on the hooks? Artsci---does your new solution on the pano bar shift the load to a structural element?

So you have these hanging from the headliner and not the pano roof bow--are you worried about tearing/buckling the headliner with too much weight on the hooks? Artsci---does your new solution on the pano bar shift the load to a structural element?
The EVannex parts specifically recommend putting them in that location. 4 lb. max.

I don't know if it's as loose in anyone else's car, but I wouldn't trust anything hanging from the actual Pano roof bow cover. It wiggles around with even the slightest touch. The headliner is a little bit more sturdy than the cover. Artsci says his go into the metal part of the bow, so they're probably sturdier.