Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Doubletree Binghamton HPWC out of Commission

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jrreno

Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2013
Sarasota , Florida
My son who lives in Binghamton , New York and uses the health club at the Binghamton Doubletree informs me the HPWC is out of commission until May 20th.
If you were planning on using it I would call ahead and check.

Last edited:
My son who lives in Binghamton , New York and uses the health club at the Binghamton Doubletree informs me the HPWC is out of commission until May 20th.
If you were planning on using it I would call ahead and check.

There is another HPWC in Binghamton at Scottech at 336 Court Street, Binghamton, NY. It is on the right hand side of the building. It is free to use. It is listed on Plugshare.

I used the Double Tree HPWC earlier in April. I thought it was acting a little wonky at that time. Started charging at 64A and then after about 2 hours when I checked it was charging at 48A and giving me a message about either bad wiring or using extension cords. I figured the circuit feeding it was marginal and maybe with higher draw in the early evening there was enough of a voltage drop to cause the car to throttle back on the charge rate. Later in the evening the charge rate was back to 64A. There are also level 2 J1772 chargers in the ramp garage at the University of Binghamton. Typical 6 kW chargers. Requires making prior arrangements with the Parking Director. See my post on Plugshare (I'm Bruce)