Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steering Wheel: Alcantara wrapped for Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But surely alcantara would look terrible after not very much time with hands gripping it. I'm going to guess that after much less than 10K miles, it would look like a leather wheel after 150K miles.

DSC_0676_BE_watermarked-1024x683.jpg

But surely alcantara would look terrible after not very much time with hands gripping it. I'm going to guess that after much less than 10K miles, it would look like a leather wheel after 150K miles.

I have had alcantara covered steering-wheels for a long time and never had problems with the material. I do not know if other microfibre manufacturers have the problem that you are talking about. here is a picture of my new wheel which is a core-exchange from unplugged performance:

image1.jpg

It's pretty easy to clean Alcantara. There are plenty of vids on YouTube. If you try to wash your hands before driving, you can go many months between 20 minute cleans.

OK - I certainly haven't any experience in handling, so to speak, Alcantara so I will defer to your collective knowledge. From its appearance on the trim of my car, I would not have thought it something that stands up to the kind of wear a steering wheel gets.