Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO Tesla on the way, can't wait!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So after reading a few posts on here, I can confirm that the CPO program is up and running. I'd say it's in 'beta' phase right now as the salesperson I was working with wasn't too familiar with the process. That being said, I was able to score a gently used 2014 Model S 60kWh which my credit union determined to be a late model new and gave me fantastic financing. Only thing I compromised on was the pano roof however for the price, and it was ridiculously low, it was something I could live without for the meantime. Yes the battery is smaller however I work from home so that's not an issue and with supercharger stations lined up and down I-95, getting around on longer hauls with be relatively easy. Taking delivery next week from the Rockville, MD location and I absolutely can't wait!

BTW, these forums are awesome!

Would you mind sharing a little more info on the deal (price, mileage, options, etc)?

I'm very interested myself and CPO prices are almost in my price range!

I'm not willing to share price as YMMV however I was able to get ultra high sound and the tech package in white with 19" rims and napa leather seats. The car has 7500 miles on it and is immaculate. Supercharging is added to every CPO that doesn't currently have it as well. Not too sure if autopilot will be an option however that's another feature I can live without as this is my first Tesla and hope to acquire many more over the years.

- - - Updated - - -

For sure, I'll post once I get the call to come and pick it up. The process and the treatment has been a breath of fresh air compared to every other dealership. Tesla is redefining the car buying experience!

So after reading a few posts on here, I can confirm that the CPO program is up and running. I'd say it's in 'beta' phase right now as the salesperson I was working with wasn't too familiar with the process. That being said, I was able to score a gently used 2014 Model S 60kWh which my credit union determined to be a late model new and gave me fantastic financing. Only thing I compromised on was the pano roof however for the price, and it was ridiculously low, it was something I could live without for the meantime. Yes the battery is smaller however I work from home so that's not an issue and with supercharger stations lined up and down I-95, getting around on longer hauls with be relatively easy. Taking delivery next week from the Rockville, MD location and I absolutely can't wait!

BTW, these forums are awesome!

Congrats!

Congrats on your car and I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Obviously the decision is yours but I am glad plenty of people on this forum share prices for trade-ins and what they paid so other forum members can make more informed decisions. I am sure it won't be long before other CPO buyers post their prices for the benefit of other forum members and of course anyone can call a Tesla gallery and get pricing on available cars so there's no real secret to protect. The more information is shared the more everyone will benefit with the shared information.

Congrats again on your purchase and I hope this forum becomes a useful source of information for you with the information shared by others.

I'm not willing to share price as YMMV however I was able to get ultra high sound and the tech package in white with 19" rims and napa leather seats. The car has 7500 miles on it and is immaculate. Supercharging is added to every CPO that doesn't currently have it as well. Not too sure if autopilot will be an option however that's another feature I can live without as this is my first Tesla and hope to acquire many more over the years.

- - - Updated - - -

For sure, I'll post once I get the call to come and pick it up. The process and the treatment has been a breath of fresh air compared to every other dealership. Tesla is redefining the car buying experience!

Congrats on your car and I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Obviously the decision is yours but I am glad plenty of people on this forum share prices for trade-ins and what they paid so other forum members can make more informed decisions. I am sure it won't be long before other CPO buyers post their prices for the benefit of other forum members and of course anyone can call a Tesla gallery and get pricing on available cars so there's no real secret to protect. The more information is shared the more everyone will benefit with the shared information.

Congrats again on your purchase and I hope this forum becomes a useful source of information for you with the information shared by others.

I get it and completely understand, guess I'm used to typical dealers where you don't share pricing per se. See attached for pricing and why I opted to go without pano and autopilot

tesla.jpg

Thanks so much for sharing. I'm sure other forum members would appreciate this information, especially those considering a similar vehicle. Congrats again and enjoy your car! You got a fair price. How does the warranty work for CPO cars? Is it 4 years from the date of purchase as a CPO or date of in service as a new vehicle? Do you have the option to pay to have the warranty extended?

Frederick certainly has some great back roads for enjoying your Model S so I'm sure you'll have a great summer in your Model S :)

I get it and completely understand, guess I'm used to typical dealers where you don't share pricing per se. See attached for pricing and why I opted to go without pano and autopilot

View attachment 79048

Thanks so much for sharing. I'm sure other forum members would appreciate this information, especially those considering a similar vehicle. Congrats again and enjoy your car! You got a fair price. How does the warranty work for CPO cars? Is it 4 years from the date of purchase as a CPO or date of in service as a new vehicle? Do you have the option to pay to have the warranty extended?

Frederick certainly has some great back roads for enjoying your Model S so I'm sure you'll have a great summer in your Model S :)

What does Certified Pre-Owned mean?​
Every Certified Pre-Owned Model S has completed an intensive 200+ point inspection to ensure it provides you with worry-free driving for years to come.

Additionally, these cars have:

Complete and meticulous reconditioning
Annual service and bulletins performed
Vehicle history report provided
2 Year or 50,000 mile (80,000 km) Limited Warranty added
Supercharging added to every 60kWh Model S
Certified Pre-Owned Warranty transfers to next owner

I'd say it's a pretty well thought out CPO program and they'll attract buyers such as myself.

Wow, makes me not want to pick mine up now knowing that you got way more for the price you paid! :(
well to be fair, technically mine isn't "CPO" they sold it to us before they had a chance to certify it.
it only had 8k in miles and the original warranty still applies for another 3 years. making it "CPO" probably would've added a couple of grand and it would've gotten me maybe an extra 6 months on the warranty.

Thanks so the 4 year factory warranty becomes a total of a 6 year warranty with the 2 years added? That's pretty good warranty coverage.

Did they give you an option to pay extra to extend that warranty further as if you buy a used Model S you can pay to have that warranty extended another 4 years for a total of 8 years coverage.

What does Certified Pre-Owned mean?​
Every Certified Pre-Owned Model S has completed an intensive 200+ point inspection to ensure it provides you with worry-free driving for years to come.

Additionally, these cars have:

Complete and meticulous reconditioning
Annual service and bulletins performed
Vehicle history report provided
2 Year or 50,000 mile (80,000 km) Limited Warranty added
Supercharging added to every 60kWh Model S
Certified Pre-Owned Warranty transfers to next owner

I'd say it's a pretty well thought out CPO program and they'll attract buyers such as myself.

well to be fair, technically mine isn't "CPO" they sold it to us before they had a chance to certify it.
it only had 8k in miles and the original warranty still applies for another 3 years. making it "CPO" probably would've added a couple of grand and it would've gotten me maybe an extra 6 months on the warranty.

Ah okay, makes sense however I would have been okay with pano and smart air suspension for that price :)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks so the warranty is for 2 years from the date of CPO purchase. Did they give you an option to pay extra to extend that warranty?

That 2yr added warranty is in addition to the standard warranty from what I was told.

That 2yr added warranty is in addition to the standard warranty from what I was told.

I just realized the language said "added" and I was editing my post when you replied. So basically the 4 year factory warranty becomes a 6 year warranty from the date of initial purchase. That's pretty good warranty coverage.

Did they give you an option to pay extra to extend that warranty further? If you buy a used Model S you can pay to have that warranty extended another 4 years for a total of 8 years coverage so I'm wondering if a CPO car can be acquired with similar 8 years of warranty coverage by paying more for the additional 2 years.

I just realized the language said "added" and I was editing my post when you replied. So basically the 4 year factory warranty becomes a 6 year warranty from the date of initial purchase. That's pretty good warranty coverage.

Did they give you an option to pay extra to extend that warranty further? If you buy a used Model S you can pay to have that warranty extended another 4 years for a total of 8 years coverage so I'm wondering if a CPO car can be acquired with similar 8 years of warranty coverage by paying more for the additional 2 years.

I have no idea about that however call up Tesla HQ and they'll tell you anything you need to know :)