Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thinking of getting these these wheels. Thoughts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm thinking about getting these to replace my 19".

I used to be a BMW guy, so, these would be an homage, and a dream to get these legendary wheels for my Tesla.

Now, I would NOT consider myself a connoisseur on wheels, but I believe, from what I've researched, that these will fit fine in the 19" stead.

19", 5x120, with a 35/37 offset.

I believe the Tesla wheels are 40mm offset.

So, for those in the know, would this be a problem??

And also, what do you guys think

-Ronnie

19â€￾ Wheels Rims Fits for BMW 3 Series E90 E92 328 335 5 Series F10 528 535 550 | eBay

I'm thinking about getting these to replace my 19".

I used to be a BMW guy, so, these would be an homage, and a dream to get these legendary wheels for my Tesla.

Now, I would NOT consider myself a connoisseur on wheels, but I believe, from what I've researched, that these will fit fine in the 19" stead.

19", 5x120, with a 35/37 offset.

I believe the Tesla wheels are 40mm offset.

So, for those in the know, would this be a problem??

And also, what do you guys think

-Ronnie

19â€￾ Wheels Rims Fits for BMW 3 Series E90 E92 328 335 5 Series F10 528 535 550 | eBay

They're nice however I'd go bigger than 19" IMHO

They're nice however I'd go bigger than 19" IMHO

I have. Look at the pics of my last wheels, which were the charcoal 21" turbine.
I just sold them, and realized that I can get the look of the Turbine, but on 19". (TST)
And then I just started looking around, and I never got a chance to buy these when I had my BMW.

I don't care for the "loss of range". I actually never really saw any difference in range.

I might come back to the Turbine. But for now, I want to try something else.

-R

I have. Look at the pics of my last wheels, which were the charcoal 21" turbine.
I just sold them, and realized that I can get the look of the Turbine, but on 19". (TST)
And then I just started looking around, and I never got a chance to buy these when I had my BMW.

I don't care for the "loss of range". I actually never really saw any difference in range.

I might come back to the Turbine. But for now, I want to try something else.

-R

I'm looking to pick up a gently used set of 21" turbines w/tires....I feel like those make the car look even more sleek, especially charcoal gray turbines on flat white paint.

I'm looking to pick up a gently used set of 21" turbines w/tires....I feel like those make the car look even more sleek, especially charcoal gray turbines on flat white paint.

Oh, I sold mine. But they're very easy to find on ebay, especially if they are "refinished", where you get a used wheel, for about $300 and look pretty much new. Just MAKE SURE when you buy one, that you take it on the revolution machine to make sure there's no dents.
I made that mistake once, and it cost me $500.

Oh, I sold mine. But they're very easy to find on ebay, especially if they are "refinished", where you get a used wheel, for about $300 and look pretty much new. Just MAKE SURE when you buy one, that you take it on the revolution machine to make sure there's no dents.
I made that mistake once, and it cost me $500.

Sorry to ask, but what's a revolution machine, and where do you get access to them?

What's the Tesla's hub bore size? What's BMW's hub bore? If the BMW hub bore is smaller than Tesla's, those wheels might not fit. If the hub bore is larger than the Tesla hub bore, the wheels won't be "hub centric" like the stock wheels, which can lead to vibration.

Just a thought.

- - - Updated - - -

What's the Tesla's hub bore size? What's BMW's hub bore? If the BMW hub bore is smaller than Tesla's, those wheels might not fit. If the hub bore is larger than the Tesla hub bore, the wheels won't be "hub centric" like the stock wheels, which can lead to vibration.

Just a thought.

Looks like those wheels have a 74.1 mm hub bore and the Tesla hub is 65 mm. I'd suggest hub rings. Not absolutely required, but it's best to use them if you can. Tire Rack sells them - might be worth it to see if they have an appropriately-sized ring.

Honestly, those wheels look similar enough to the stock 19s (at least in those pictures) that I'd probably just go that way.

Kenkamm is right that hub rings would be nice to have. They're cheap and readily available on Amazon. The bigger Issue for me would be center caps. The Tesla caps won't fit because the bore is smaller--and I don't think you want to run BMW roundels.

for sure they wont fit. While they have the same bolt pattern the hub centric bore for center balancing is a different size. Youre going to need to find something aftermarket that comes close but those for certain wont fit.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, those wheels look similar enough to the stock 19s (at least in those pictures) that I'd probably just go that way.

Kenkamm is right that hub rings would be nice to have. They're cheap and readily available on Amazon. The bigger Issue for me would be center caps. The Tesla caps won't fit because the bore is smaller--and I don't think you want to run BMW roundels.

center caps can be adjusted with spacers typically. You can get the spacer from a company like HRE or any reputable wheel supply.