Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

70D Orders - Who will be first?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You're welcome. Thats what we are here for, to help each other out. :wink: I'm in the same boat as you though and this whole waiting thing is killing me.

Tell me about it! I ordered my last car in July 2013...and it did not arrive until August 2014. Naturally, when I placed the order for the 70D, I was very excited at the thought of "only" waiting several weeks. But, as it turns out, the pain is equally real--the waiting time is always the same because it's always "too long." :)

@JPP - I'm totally with you. We're testdriving the 70D today. If it's fast enough (listen to me - ha!) then I'll avoid getting behind the wheel of the 85D.

@ Patrick W - you live in Utah and opted for the 85? I'm guessing the range was too small to get the 70D and the additional $5k to get the 85D was too much in your opinion?

We're also paying off the 2011 Volt today, but my son doesn't turn 16 until December! I've got to be patient and wait. I'm thinking a Thanksgiving delivery would be nice to beat the Christmas (and Q4) rush . . .

Ordered and confirmed a 70D on April 14th. Ordered it at a location in Georgia right after the government got rid of the 150 limit on "direct sales". Got my VIN on the 15th (847XX) but according to the guy I'm working with at the showroom it's not slated to enter production until May 11th, and my estimated delivery date is June 12th. Kinda wish I was still in the Late May boat but I'm guessing since my 70D isn't loaded, it didn't get priority to go into production on May 4th.

It's pretty much a stock 70D. I only added Autopilot, the Pano Roof, and Titanium Metallic paint.

Excited to join the cult, though! Trading up from a 2004 Mustang Convertible so it's definitely a change.