Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Center console light?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While installing my new stereo this weekend, I noticed something surprising. The bottom cover of my center console appears to have a light of some sort in it, as if it were designed to illuminate the little tray area on the floor below the center console. Do all roadsters have this, and has anyone ever seen it light up?

While installing my new stereo this weekend, I noticed something surprising. The bottom cover of my center console appears to have a light of some sort in it, as if it were designed to illuminate the little tray area on the floor below the center console. Do all roadsters have this, and has anyone ever seen it light up?

Mine lights up.

Mine lights up.

Maybe it's my aging eyes, but the interior lighting sucks. No map light, foot well, or acceptable dome light. I replaced the dome light w/ LED. Installed LED's in the foot wellls. It's switchable form red, for preservation of night vision, and white for finding your phone in the middle of the night.:cursing:

I would love to see pics of footwell lights! And how did you install them?

I picked up a set of LED strip lights at one of the auto parts stores. They're adhesive backed with red and white lights. I stuck them to the bottom of the dash above the foot well. They came with a switch that cycles through white, red, both, and off. The switch is also adhesive backed. I stuck it under the center console toward the passenger side. I also picked up a electric mounting block. It has several spots for hooking up LED's. Each spot has its own on-off switch. It plugs into the 12v receptacle and has another on off switch. Ideally, I would rather hard-wire them, but I didn't want to challenge the warranty.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    818.9 KB · Views: 251
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    930.4 KB · Views: 227
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    591.5 KB · Views: 222
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg