Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Those with teen drivers- BMW driving school in Thermal, CA highly recommended

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 16 yr old son and I just completed a 1 day driving skills course at the newly opened BMW performance driving school in Thermal, CA, just outside of Palm Springs. I highly recommend it for your teen drivers, it teaches them invaluable driving skills that go far beyond drivers ed. It's also a heck of a lot of fun for adults, we had a great time. He learned more about safe driving in 1 day than in the last year of driving, and also had a great time hooning M235i's around the race tracks there. There's been one in South Carolina for 15 years, so it's nice now to have a west coast option.

Mine will learn the hard way unless they start in an EV, little room for anything
else but milking the ICE in a 90hp third hand Jetta:)

1078d2f0f09410a3f52e11.jpg

My 16 yr old son and I just completed a 1 day driving skills course at the newly opened BMW performance driving school in Thermal, CA, just outside of Palm Springs. I highly recommend it for your teen drivers, it teaches them invaluable driving skills that go far beyond drivers ed. It's also a heck of a lot of fun for adults, we had a great time. He learned more about safe driving in 1 day than in the last year of driving, and also had a great time hooning M235i's around the race tracks there. There's been one in South Carolina for 15 years, so it's nice now to have a west coast option.

I can relate to this and highly recommend similar exposure for all drivers - even the "experienced" ones. As a BMW owner and club member in the last quarter of the last century, I spent a few summers participating in the local club's performance-honing events at a local track. At the appropriate time, I taught my son how to drive stick and he, too, started participating in the summer events. And in the 90's now being additionally an Audi owner and club member, I did the same with the local Audi club and shared the opportunities with my wife and daughter, albeit using automatic transmission. Which is why I never blink whenever one of them drives the MS.

What kind of safety training do they do and how much does it cost?