Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Updated autopilot hardware?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a email from my service center.

Good afternoon ____,

Your Tesla was built with the world’s most sophisticated software which includes Tesla auto-pilot hardware. One feature of our auto-pilot will allow your vehicle to brake autonomously. There is an updated part to this feature we would like to install on your vehicle as soon as possible. Tesla is proactively installing this part on all applicable vehicle with the auto-pilot hardware. We would like to schedule this as our earliest availability will allow. Please contact us via any means below so we can schedule you in.

I already have the current model s autopilot sensors and software, what could this be?

Many have felt the existing Autopilot sensors would need to be augmented with rear radar or an improvement to side-views eventually. Not to say Tesla is doing this, but Elon made the commitment that all cars coming off the line would support Autopilot and it would work well. Perhaps they have determined that something needs to change to meet that level of quality/expectation and they are biting the bullet and retrofitting it to the Autopilot cars produced thus far?

I got a email from my service center.

Good afternoon ____,

Your Tesla was built with the world’s most sophisticated software which includes Tesla auto-pilot hardware. One feature of our auto-pilot will allow your vehicle to brake autonomously. There is an updated part to this feature we would like to install on your vehicle as soon as possible. Tesla is proactively installing this part on all applicable vehicle with the auto-pilot hardware. We would like to schedule this as our earliest availability will allow. Please contact us via any means below so we can schedule you in.

I already have the current model s autopilot sensors and software, what could this be?

When was your vehicle built?