Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Reversing 2 years of wear-n-tear on a Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We do our fair share of service on Teslas. We've been doing them since the Roadster came out, and have been specializing in them since the Model S came out. This project came to us as a referral from one of our Porsche clients. It's quite gratifying to see such a transformation, and unfortunately, my iPhone photos don't quite do justice to what this Model S went through.

Initial Condition:

IMG_5650-web900.jpg

IMG_5652-web900.jpg

IMG_5653-web900.jpg

IMG_5654-web900.jpg

IMG_5655-web900.jpg

IMG_5656-web900.jpg

IMG_5658-web900.jpg

IMG_5659-web900.jpg

IMG_5660-web900.jpg

IMG_5651-web900.jpg

IMG_5660-web900.jpg

IMG_5661-web900.jpg

After we detox the paint, we clay it to remove even more embedded contamination

Before

IMG_5663-web900.jpg

After

IMG_5664-web900.jpg

IMG_5665-web900.jpg

Paint Condition

Notice even after washing, decontaminating, and claying, there are embedded water etching still in the finish. Swirls and scratches prevalent also

IMG_5679-web900.jpg

IMG_5682-web900.jpg

After

IMG_5680-web900.jpg

IMG_5681-web900.jpg

Interior

IMG_5666-web900.jpg

IMG_5669-web900.jpg

IMG_5671-web900.jpg

IMG_5674-web900.jpg

IMG_5675-web900.jpg

Final Results

IMG_5700-web900.jpg

IMG_5701-web900.jpg

IMG_5702-web900.jpg

IMG_5703-web900.jpg

IMG_5704-web900.jpg

IMG_5705-web900.jpg

IMG_5707-web900.jpg

IMG_5709-web900.jpg

IMG_5710-web900.jpg

Remember those white paint gauges in the rear bumper? This bumper will be refinished on the next service, but in the meantime, not too bad

IMG_5711-web900.jpg

IMG_5712-web900.jpg

So, it goes to show, with some expertise knowledge of the vehicle and its various surfaces and their needs, we can nearly erase almost 2 years of wear-n-tear in one service. This project took us several days to complete. Client opted for Phase 3, our Detoxification service. We performed an advanced paint correction. Finally, we nano coated the paint using CQuartz Finest to help protect and keep this Model S beautiful for the next 2-3 years.

• Love
Reactions: linkster
"Client opted for Phase 3, our Detoxification service."

Reminds me of a Seinfeld show when his BMW had a really bad odor.

Nice job.

I forgot about that episode...

Seinfeld - The Car Stinks - YouTube

Luckily this one didn't have BBO ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Looks nice!

What did you charge the owner for this 'makeover' ?

Thanks for checking it out. Each project varies by starting condition and what client needs are. Our service page is a good starting point for some prices

Unbelievable. It looks like you sanded it down and completely put a new coat of paint on it. Impressive!

Tesla paint is actually pretty nice and clear once you get rid of the imperfections. We just polished and nanod the paint.

Beautiful!

Thanks!!

Thanks Dennis!!

Nice work !

Appreciate you checking it out.

Do you mind sharing what product you used to clean the seats. Thanks.

Lumiere All-Natural Leather Cleaner

Yes I would also like to know what you use on the leather. About to use the Griots 3-in-1 product on mine, but I am worried that it might darken or add unwanted gloss.

Lumiere...it's something I hand blend for us to use. PM if you'd like some

Hi Moe,
What do you recommend for me to get rid of water spots on my twilight blue Roadster as well as light swirls? I have 3M clear paint protection over most of the car except the trunk/spoiler/roof and rear side panels. Also is the Griot's 3 in 1 leather product ok to use as I already purchased it? I'm in NY so unfortunately I can't have you do mine!
Thanks so much!!

Hi Moe,
What do you recommend for me to get rid of water spots on my twilight blue Roadster as well as light swirls? I have 3M clear paint protection over most of the car except the trunk/spoiler/roof and rear side panels. Also is the Griot's 3 in 1 leather product ok to use as I already purchased it? I'm in NY so unfortunately I can't have you do mine!
Thanks so much!!

Can you post a few photos of water spots.

Usually, a paint cleanser does the trick. If you need something a little more aggressive, try using CarPro Spotless. Test a small area first.

I'm not familiar with the Griot's 3-1 leather product. I always do a separate cleaning and separate conditioning of leather.

Magnificent Moe!

My Sig Red has some paint scratches where the clear bra wasn't installed by Tesla. When the new vehicle arrives, there will be plenty of time for you to get the Sig Red like new again. Your excellent cleaning products keep it looking almost new. Applying Reload makes those scratches almost disappear.

PS: I do ask our Tesla Service Center to not wash my car. The scratches on the loaner Model S are a clue they aren't touchless washes!