Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Basic RTFM Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

napabill

Supporting Member
I've been an active participant on TMC for 6 years and manage to use the forum because I have the ability to force round pegs into square holes when needed. But a couple of days ago a friend bought an MS and I attempted to instruct them on the ways of TMC and realized how little I knew. Is there some instruction manual for how the site is used? Not etiquette but procedures. For example, there seems to be some limitations imposed on new members of TMC but I can't find where they are discussed.

The only topic that seems fully discussed is on Reputation Points which to the newbie just adds to the confusion.

There are very few restrictions on new members. Their first few posts go into moderation in order to reduce spam on the website for everyone else. Just tell them to continue to post and the restrictions are quickly lifted.

I think it can be overwhelming.
I would suggest going to the main forums list and "subscribe" to the forums that he/she thinks would be of most interested (ie. Model S and sub-forums, maybe the General Tesla forum, etc.
That way he/she can view just the forums of interest while helping to screen out the 'noise' until they decide how much time and or energy they want to spend readint about the shorting of stock or the landing procedures for the first stage of the Dragon!