Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Exit profile

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is now an exit profile, however, u still have to activate it manually. I think Tesla can make it activated automatically whenever the driver's door is open and return to the previous profile when the driver's seat sensor senced the presence of driver.

Interesting.

But if it is not automatic, what makes the Exit profile then different from any other profile that you create yourself?

But if it is not automatic, what makes the Exit profile then different from any other profile that you create yourself?

The settings are different. I have one, but because it takes a while to activate, I don't use it for getting in or out of the car. If you have two wildly different size drivers, then it's a good idea (especially for the smaller driver to use when leaving).

I thought about having an exit profile but avoided it for two reasons:

1) Adjustment is so slow that I would find it annoying to wait for the steering wheel to move out of the way.

2) It causes a lot of unnecessary use/wear on the components, which I found to be not worth the small benefit.

Obviously, if you have more trouble physically getting out of the car, your values will differ and you might prefer such a thing.

I thought about having an exit profile but avoided it for two reasons:

1) Adjustment is so slow that I would find it annoying to wait for the steering wheel to move out of the way.

2) It causes a lot of unnecessary use/wear on the components, which I found to be not worth the small benefit.

Obviously, if you have more trouble physically getting out of the car, your values will differ and you might prefer such a thing.

Adjustment is not slow, I have try it and the response is same as the other profiles, I can say it is completed within one or two seconds, so u need not to wait for too long.

i have a 9 yr old MB with this convinence feature, I used it every time I come out or get into my car, this function still works perfect. Unless u query about the durability of Tesla parts, it won't cause any unnessary wear.

I agree it is not a necessity but a convience feature, u can servive without it, u can even servive without an electrically adjusted chair. But since Model S is claimed to be and priced as a luxery car, it ought to have such a feature which is so common on cars of the other bland.

Adjustment is not slow, I have try it and the response is same as the other profiles, I can say it is completed within one or two seconds, so u need not to wait for too long.

i have a 9 yr old MB with this convinence feature, I used it every time I come out or get into my car, this function still works perfect. Unless u query about the durability of Tesla parts, it won't cause any unnessary wear.

I agree it is not a necessity but a convience feature, u can servive without it, u can even servive without an electrically adjusted chair. But since Model S is claimed to be and priced as a luxery car, it ought to have such a feature which is so common on cars of the other bland.

I use an exit profile to avoid scraping the B pillar which is wearing badly despite all my efforts to the contrary

I have an Exit Profile which I manually activate everytime I get out, (and back to mine when I get in)

I'm 6ft9in and 420lbs (on a good day), so I need all the space for getting in and out as I can get.

Reviving this old thread as a noobie owner (3 weeks). I've been trying this feature, and it seems to work rather well. All you have to do is create another driver profile, name it "Exit" or something to that effect -- I named mine "Exit / Entry", and then link it to the key fob that you typically use. While in the Exit driver profile, slide the seat back as far as you need, retract and lift the steering wheel as far forward and as high as needed, then "save". When you need to exit the car, use the touch screen and the seat gets adjusted to your settings for the Exit position. It would be nice if the car would do this automatically when you put it park. When you get back into the car, you'll need to tap your personal driver's profile to get the seat back into your driving position. That's as much as I know for now. Who knows what the next "update" will provide? it seems that Teslas continue to evolve.