Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AMPd

Nov 27, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
Stopped by the Rocklin CA service center and ordered a 70D

MC Red
Pano Roof
Gray Leather seats (considering next gen seats, haven't decided yet)
Black alcantara headliner
Autopilot
Air suspension
19 inch wheels

placed the deposit, now I wait!

Stopped by the Rocklin CA service center and ordered a 70D

MC Red
Pano Roof
Gray Leather seats (considering next gen seats, haven't decided yet)
Black alcantara headliner
Autopilot
Air suspension
19 inch wheels

placed the deposit, now I wait!

Do you know if the non-next-gen seats are any different from the 2013 seats? I test-drove a Tesla last weekend and I thought the seats felt more comfortable than my 2013 car, but maybe it was just my imagination. I've never seen the Next Gen seats much less sat in one. Have you? Impressions?

Do you know if the non-next-gen seats are any different from the 2013 seats? I test-drove a Tesla last weekend and I thought the seats felt more comfortable than my 2013 car, but maybe it was just my imagination. I've never seen the Next Gen seats much less sat in one. Have you? Impressions?
Yes the store had the next gen seats in one of the cars and I've sat in them. I love the extra bolsters, they held me nice and snug. However I don't hate the old design and did not think it was worth it, at least not at the time, I still have some time before finalizing.

Upon further consideration I might go ahead and get the next gen seats. ... I think

Im indecisive :)

Thank you Bonnie!

I also forgot to mention the folks working there were awesome! They gave me all the time I needed to go over every option and decide if it's worth it. Loved that kind of customer service!
(I spent 2+ hours going back and forth on things, again I'm horribly indecisive)

Yes the store had the next gen seats in one of the cars and I've sat in them. I love the extra bolsters, they held me nice and snug. However I don't hate the old design and did not think it was worth it, at least not at the time, I still have some time before finalizing.

Upon further consideration I might go ahead and get the next gen seats. ... I think

Im indecisive :)

Thank you Bonnie!

I also forgot to mention the folks working there were awesome! They gave me all the time I needed to go over every option and decide if it's worth it. Loved that kind of customer service!
(I spent 2+ hours going back and forth on things, again I'm horribly indecisive)

It's a great crew in Rocklin - both sales & service. We're lucky to have their expertise locally.

I think you were asking about 2013 non next gen compared to current 2015 non next gen. Yes, the current seats are slightly different. Tesla put more give into the bottom, and the rear headrests are taller.

I think you were asking about 2013 non next gen compared to current 2015 non next gen. Yes, the current seats are slightly different. Tesla put more give into the bottom, and the rear headrests are taller.

Yes. 2013 seats are 1.0 seats., 2015 Next Gen are 2.0 seats, and 2014/2015 non-Next Gen are 1.5 seats and while looking similar to the 1.0 seats, are considered to be more comfortable b/c of give and less prone to whiplash given the taller headrests (per European testing standards).

I went to the Houston Galleria today and drove a P85D with the next gen seats. They're great, but I didn't like how tight they were on my sides. I couldn't see driving a long distance in them. I had ordered the regular leather seats, changed to next-gen, but now I'm back to the regular leather seats. I do think they're more comfortable than my 2013 car, but I guess I'll know for sure only after I've had the new one for a couple of months.

AMPd - that's amazing to me - that someone could be so lukewarm on auto-pilot! This will be the first car that literally drives itself - steering and accel/decel! How can you not think that's the coolest thing ever! I know I know - to each his own. But wow! I think you're going to love it!

I went to the Houston Galleria today and drove a P85D with the next gen seats. They're great, but I didn't like how tight they were on my sides. I couldn't see driving a long distance in them. I had ordered the regular leather seats, changed to next-gen, but now I'm back to the regular leather seats. I do think they're more comfortable than my 2013 car, but I guess I'll know for sure only after I've had the new one for a couple of months.

AMPd - that's amazing to me - that someone could be so lukewarm on auto-pilot! This will be the first car that literally drives itself - steering and accel/decel! How can you not think that's the coolest thing ever! I know I know - to each his own. But wow! I think you're going to love it!
I do love the auto pilot idea, but I can't see myself letting the car drive itself.
I like driving my own car!

Congratulations AMPd. I noticed the contrast between your signature and the car you ordered...and that you've been lurking here a fair while. What took you so long to pull the trigger?
Thank you!
Ah yes, have to change the sig!
It took me a while to save up for the car! I was sure I wanted the performance version but then after test driving the rwd 85 I was perfectly satisfied with the power. So I went with the 70D, nearly identical performance of 85 but with an AW drivetrain

Thank you!
Ah yes, have to change the sig!
It took me a while to save up for the car! I was sure I wanted the performance version but then after test driving the rwd 85 I was perfectly satisfied with the power. So I went with the 70D, nearly identical performance of 85 but with an AW drivetrain

Congrats man! Welcome to the club! When you get your Model S, us Sacramentans should all get together!