Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85D vs P85 1/8th mile drag (video)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

wk057

Former Tesla Tinkerer
Feb 23, 2014
X
Video of my P85D vs my fiance's P85.
She was filming, not driving, for this run... but she did do some runs ;)

Tesla Model S P85D vs Tesla Model S P85 (1/8th mile drag) - YouTube

Here is the PerformanceBox graph from the P85D for this run:

run 4.jpg

Edit:
Here is a second run (posted a few posts down also):

Tesla Model S P85D vs Tesla Model S P85 #2 (1/8th mile drag) - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
Great info as always.
I think contibuting to the spikes is probably the 5m 95% CEP values of the GPS readings themselves (ie not a PBox issue but a limitation of GPS accuracy.

Do you have an external GPS antenna - this can increase reliability of readings

Even better if you could get access to a VBox Sport as it has a 20Hz GPS capture, so can average more data for each point.

Great info as always.
I think contibuting to the spikes is probably the 5m 95% CEP values of the GPS readings themselves (ie not a PBox issue but a limitation of GPS accuracy.

Do you have an external GPS antenna - this can increase reliability of readings

Even better if you could get access to a VBox Sport as it has a 20Hz GPS capture, so can average more data for each point.

I actually just received the external antenna in the mail today.... so doesn't help me with these runs, but, maybe next time. :)

wk057, do you ever sleep?

Sleep? This word is foreign to me...

nice, SOC for both cars was?

For this run the P85D was down to about 88% and the P85 somewhere around 70%.

Great video. For comparison, my best time in my 1997 Dodge Viper was 8.032 at 92.5 MPH. Interesting as I would have thought my P85 would be a bit faster in the 1/8 mile than the Viper. It certainly is a lot easier to launch. The newer Vipers can do 7.1 to 7.2 with drag radials.