Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red stripe on the P85 badge?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TEG

Teslafanatic
Aug 20, 2006
Red stripe on the S85 badge?

Not sure if this has been discussed already, but I saw a Model S with a red stripe on the P85 badge.
Have they made a lot this way? Does it indicate something special about that car?

Bad photo:
ps85.png

Last edited:
Maybe it has nothing to do with "insecurity" and they just really like it.

Thanks, yes. I may be insecure, but I put an "S" in front of my "85" because I LIKE it. All these "P" badges, and "+", and "D", which to most people mean nothing, and my car came with just a plain old "85".

Since it had Special custom paint, and Standard motor, and is a Signature (VIN 00064), and S is my last name initial, I decided to make it look like something it IS, pretty darned Slick. And it's removable for when I go to sell it, if anyone doesn't like it.

Not trying to fool anybody. I just like it. Also, you can order letters and numbers on line, so you don't have to swipe them off another car.

S85 001 fx.jpg

Last edited:
roblab, I don't think you're trying to fool anyone. It's only those people who put the performance badges on standard-model cars (not just Tesla - the "Type-R" guys, even the people who bought GTO badges and put them on plain Pontiac LeMans sedans in the mid-60's). Long history of that.