Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remanufactured A Battery pack?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently got one (while doing the contactor upgrade, they apparently had some problem upgrading my pack, so I got a "new" pack at 40k miles - it may be re-manufactured, but the capacity sure seemed like new), and I've talked to one other guy that has one.

I think (?) the other guy said it was still limited to 90kWh Supercharging, but I haven't been to a Supercharger since I got mine. It is the same thing they use as loaner packs for A owners (which is how I got it in the first place), and I have seen people confirm that the "A" loaner packs still only charge at 90kWh.

Last edited:
I think (?) the other guy said it was still limited to 90kWh Supercharging, but I haven't been to a Supercharger since I got mine. It is the same thing they use as loaner packs for A owners (which is how I got it in the first place), and I have seen people confirm that the "A" loaner packs still only charge at 90kWh.
You mean 90 kW?

90 kWh is not an advertised capacity... there are currently 70 and 85 kWh capacities advertised.

My A pack was sent back for upgrade in August 2014 .... Reinstalled in my car (back in October 2014), failed some tests and was returned to Freemont.

I literally picked my car up Thurs 4/16 with my A pack after almost 6 months.

Seems similar capacity ... however, it seemed (stress that) to charge slower.