Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Noise from brake booster after every brake activation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drive a 2011 Roadster 2.5. Today I noticed a noice coming from the front after every brake activation. Until now I thought that the Roadster only creates some noice from the brake booster for the first few seconds when you start the car. It seems that now it has to create new pressure after every brake activation.

Is this normal or do you think that something might be wrong with the breaking system?

It is normal, as long as it is only when you apply the brake. The Tesla uses an electric vacuum pump to create the vacuum for the Lotus power booster, but there is no additional reservior to allow for several application of the brakes before the vacuum drops and the pump goes on. If it cycles on and off when you are not on the pedal, you have a leak.

Thank you for your answers. I had the Impression that the break booster only made noise from time to time and not after every brake activation. And most of the time I hear music while driving. That might be the reason I didn't hear the break booster in the past.