Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sound Proofing Rattles and Squeaks - Midwest Recommendations Please!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've done my best to ignore the rattles and squeaks in my car, but with my new commute, it's constant and I have to blast the music to cover up the sounds of the rattles and these annoying high-pitched squeaks. I've lost confidence in Tesla's ability to nail these down since my car has been to Villa Park and Chicago several times over the past 2 years to have them addressed.

I'm hoping that a 3rd party might be able to take various panels off, tape down wires and install some sound proofing. I have no idea whether this will even work, but at this point I'm looking for any possible alternative solution to selling the car.

I'm willing to drive anywhere in the Midwest to do this.

Thanks for your recommendations.

One crucial component is the quality of the surface that you drive on. People in the parts of the world with no snow / ice and no cars with studded tires have no idea how good they have it.
And Tesla as CA company seems to be constantly surprised just how much vibration the cars are subjected to in the Northern half of North America and much of Europe. My 60 was getting obnoxiously loud after 18 months / 25k miles of driving in Oregon with its terrible, studded-tires torn roads.

That's a fact, dirkhh.

I'm not even talking about potholes and torn up streets. I'm talking about running over leveled manhole covers, cracks, reflective lights along lane dividers, small dips and risers. If the road isn't perfectly smooth, I hear it.

I haven't been to the Highland Park SC for actual service, but I suppose I could give it a try. I'm just not excited about it.

Who installed your dynamat?

I swear; driving home on Chicago Ave today almost made me dial the Tesla SC. Maybe this is a temperature related issue. I'll see what happens when it warms up. If nothing changes, I'm going to call Highland Park to see if they can help.

At this point I'm willing to pay someone/company to figure it out and solve it.