Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MPH of regenerative braking?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Patrick W

Mar 17, 2015
SLC, UT
If I understand things correclty "MPH" means how many miles one can get from an hour of charging? Correct? (with all of the abbreviations used on the forum it would be handy if there were a "Definitions of Abbreviations" FAQ) :)

Is there a rule of thumb for the MPH resulting from regenerative braking?

Put another way, if one is coasting downhill and using regenerative braking for a given period of time can one estimate how many miles the braking puts back in the battery during that period of time?

Pretty much answers my questions, but why didn't that thread come up when I did a search before posting for regenerative braking? :)

Because the search function at TMC is pathetic. To find anything at all you need to use advanced search (the simple search box never ever works, and never has), but you can't use a string in quotes to narrow the search, and usually it takes multiple tries to get the search term it likes.

Because the search function at TMC is pathetic. To find anything at all you need to use advanced search (the simple search box never ever works, and never has), but you can't use a string in quotes to narrow the search, and usually it takes multiple tries to get the search term it likes.

Agreed. for such a tech savvy group, why does the search box suck so much? You could type in Tesla, and I bet it still can't find it.

Agreed. for such a tech savvy group, why does the search box suck so much? You could type in Tesla, and I bet it still can't find it.

The forum software is written by a third party, like basically every discussion forum on the net. The software used here (vbulletin) is good for what it does, but not very good at searching. Some of this is actually a problem with MySQL, which is where your messages are actually stored and some of this is because search is just a side function for these kind of programs.

The forum software is written by a third party, like basically every discussion forum on the net. The software used here (vbulletin) is good for what it does, but not very good at searching. Some of this is actually a problem with MySQL, which is where your messages are actually stored and some of this is because search is just a side function for these kind of programs.

Agreed, but it doesn't change how well search doesn't work :)

(with all of the abbreviations used on the forum it would be handy if there were a "Definitions of Abbreviations" FAQ)
EV Acronyms - Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed, but it doesn't change how well search doesn't work :)
The "simple" search you refer to is, presumably, the search field next to the magnifying glass that you can do with "type + 1 click". The's google search. Apparently those guys don't know how to write a useful search engine compared to the authors of "Advanced Search". ;)