Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turtle Talks: Leilani Munter talks the environment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

FlasherZ

Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv
Jun 21, 2012
Following TMC Connect 2013, by request I connected a friend of mine, Monica Laurence, with Leilani Munter. Monica wanted to put a video series together highlighting the importance of focusing on clean energy, and invited a number of leaders to Turtle Island Fiji, a beautiful paradise in the Fiji Islands. If you've seen Blue Lagoon, you've seen Turtle Island, as it was the setting for the Brooke Shields movie.

The result is a series of short video clips found at Turtle Talks | Conversations to imagine a better world highlighting the importance of clean energy. Leilani agreed to participate, and her video can be found here: Turtle Talks | LEILANI MÃœNTER - Turtle Talks

My wife and I have vacationed on Turtle several times now, and we continue to return every few years or so to unwind. When we first arrived, the island was running a fairly large diesel generator 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to provide power for the island's staff and guests. Since then, Richard Evanson, Sr. and Richard, Jr. have led significant efforts to create more sustainability on the 540-acre island. They embarked on a reasonably-sized solar project to supply the island with its power needs, and continue to discuss how to lead sustainability on their paradise island. I spent some time talking beehives with Richard, Sr. last time I was there. It's an awe-inspiring place with the friendliest people in the world.