Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advice Needed: I have very inflexible delivery requirements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 85D was confirmed today. My delivery estimate is set for late-May, however the only time I will be in town is from June 10 - June 20. I did not change the requested date from late May to June because I didn't want to delay production and assumed they could just hold the car for me. I tried calling sales to confirm this but they said only when I am assigned to a DS could this discussion even begin. Should I not worry about it? Or try to get some notes added to my account as early as possible?

I am not so sure about them working with you effectively. You are lucky that you will be back before the end of the quarter. They were in a huge rush to deliver mine on 9-29-14. So make sure you have very clear discussion about this with your DS. My understanding is, due to the fact that they can't build them fast enough, they want them out of there as fast as possible. However, I live close to the factory. Your local service center may be able to assist.

My other experience was that the actual delivery date kept jiggling around as it got close. First 9-5, then 9-12...finally 9-29, which was very hard for me because of my work schedule and my commute. But they did deliver right to my house, 50 mi from the factory. That was pretty neat.

Not to worry.

I had a very narrow window to take delivery.

I worried when I saw the car was in transit from the factory 21 days before we were returning to the state where we are taking delivery. There is a spreadsheet on this site and I could see people further from the factory than us were getting their vehicles in as little as 4 days.

My DS said not to worry, the car wouldn't arrive before the very first date in my delivery window, and so far he has been right. The car has been in transit for 17 days thus far, and there is nothing to indicate that it will arrive before we are back in state in 4 days.

Their distribution system is like magic.

Like magic indeed. I worked a late shift till 1am, DS sent a limo service to pick me up from my house to take me to Service Center (3+ hrs away) at 7am, I slept en route and drove my new Tesla home grinning and refreshed (in the snow). They know we are busy people and will accommodate.

Not to worry.

I had a very narrow window to take delivery.

I worried when I saw the car was in transit from the factory 21 days before we were returning to the state where we are taking delivery. There is a spreadsheet on this site and I could see people further from the factory than us were getting their vehicles in as little as 4 days.

My DS said not to worry, the car wouldn't arrive before the very first date in my delivery window, and so far he has been right. The car has been in transit for 17 days thus far, and there is nothing to indicate that it will arrive before we are back in state in 4 days.

Their distribution system is like magic.

You should be fine. I knew my delivery date was going to be close to a 3-week trip. As the date got closer, my DS wasn't sure if it was going to make it before I left. I was leaving on a Saturday and it showed up on the Friday before I was going to leave, but they wouldn't have any technicians at the SC to activate and program the car until the next day and wouldn't have a detailer in to clean it up until Monday, so they held onto the car for 3 weeks until I got back.