Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solid White back in the design studio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is amusing. The staff in the showrooms must be wondering when they are going to get to stop rearranging the color samples on a weekly basis.

Now Tesla needs to put the old light silver back in the paint selection. It makes no sense to me to discontinue that popular color (I am aware that Elon recently said that the silver and dark blue could still be ordered for a few more months).

That is amusing. The staff in the showrooms must be wondering when they are going to get to stop rearranging the color samples on a weekly basis.

Now Tesla needs to put the old light silver back in the paint selection. It makes no sense to me to discontinue that popular color (I am aware that Elon recently said that the silver and dark blue could still be ordered for a few more months).
Was it really that popular? It's been well over a year now, but when we first heard about color adoption numbers silver was second to last, ahead of only brown. I guess it picked up? Even around here I can probably count the number of silvers I've seen on my fingers.

Can't remember the last time I saw a silver Model S. Are you sure it's that popular? I see several of them every day. Black. White (either regular or MC/Pearl). Red. The other colors are rare. And I think I see more brown and green cars than silver.

Can't remember the last time I saw a silver Model S. Are you sure it's that popular? I see several of them every day. Black. White (either regular or MC/Pearl). Red. The other colors are rare. And I think I see more brown and green cars than silver.

Silver was more popular than Brown and Green. Green was the least popular color actually. But I agree that White (can't tell if they're multicoat or sold most of the time), Black and Red are by far the most popular colors. That said the Silvers can actually be mistaken for White sometimes.

(owner of silver car here)

Silver is a pretty standard car colour these days! And Tesla's variation of it is not some weird non-standard colour, it's a pretty straight-ahead, nice bright metallic silver that reflects the environs.

20131218_094822.jpg

P1010433.jpg

SAM_1108.jpg

SAM_1195.jpg

(sorry for hijacking the Solid White thread)

I haven't seen that many Model S's here in Germany, but the ones I have seen (about 30 over the years) were either black, red, silver or brown. Have never seen a green, blue, grey or Sig red, and only one white.
Then again, as far as car colours in general are concerned over here, brown is getting ever more popular, while black and silver have been so for years.