Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear tires worn more on the inside edge and sort of undulating.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had that issue during the first 10,000 km of driving. The 40,000 km since then have shown no extra wearing on the inside anymore (and I am still on the original 21 inch tires!). The difference? During the first 10,000 km the air suspension was on automatic, and the car went to the 'low' setting during all my highway driving, which is a lot. This was before the software update. Since then I have not driven in 'low' anymore and the uneven wearing of the tires is an issue of the past. I suspect the low setting puts too much pressure on the inside of the rear tires.

:)
Negative Camber in the Rear and Expensive Tires
Lots written on the subject...... Camber combined with low ride height on air cars (camber gain) and toe in in the rear of the car are contributing factors. There is also a tire wear thread where I listed responses in the first post until we got a clear picture on possible causation.

you mean toe out in the rear, right?

toe in makes the tires wear pretty even with the negative camber

nope.... toe in will do damage as well, just not as much and not as fast.
Do the hands in the air high negative camber with zero toe then add toe in and you will see that you are still loading the inside shoulder and asking that each tire turn into the other. Adding toe in on the rear also makes the car harder to push by hand which dove tails nicely into the reduced range I saw on my P+ when I was forced to run about 0.4 degrees total toe in one time (playing with upper links that were too long so I ran out of toe adjustment).