Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New England Supercharger Coming Soon (Grey Pin)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rats! I thought NE was the postal abbreviation for Nebraska. Perhaps the creator of the post could amend the title to remove this ambiguity? :smile:
Well, you are in the New England forum. :smile:

Pretty sure that's Dedham...
Not so sure. It looks too far north and east to me. It's almost at the same latitude as Brattleboro, and pretty far east. Dedham should be close in latitude to Auburn.

I'd guess around Amesbury, at the 495/95 junction - this was rumored a while ago.

My guess is it's the Salisbury one that has been rumored for awhile. That would put it very close to the NH/MA border on rt 95, perhaps off the 286 exit.

You could certainly be right but then the question becomes what happened to Dedham? I doubt they left Dedham off but knowing some of the problems with Tesla's map over the last year I wouldn't be surprised either way.

I think I got this. Seabrook has undergone a renovation with a new shopping center and Wal-Mart. The state just improved Exit 1 so that there was better accessibility to this new development. The development is called Seabrook Commons and is run by a company called DDR. DDR already has a relationship with Tesla by installing Superchargers on their other properties in Ohio, New Jersey, and Virginia. Poke around on this link and it provides the best circumstantial evidence at this time. If you look at the other videos for the Supercharger announcements, DDR is pro Tesla.

Videos | DDR Corp. Media Room

I think I got this. Seabrook has undergone a renovation with a new shopping center and Wal-Mart. The state just improved Exit 1 so that there was better accessibility to this new development. The development is called Seabrook Commons and is run by a company called DDR. DDR already has a relationship with Tesla by installing Superchargers on their other properties in Ohio, New Jersey, and Virginia. Poke around on this link and it provides the best circumstantial evidence at this time. If you look at the other videos for the Supercharger announcements, DDR is pro Tesla.

Videos | DDR Corp. Media Room

Tesla seems to like locations based on elements like:
1) Spacing
2) Proximity to Interstate
3) Proximity to intersections of multiple Interstates
4) Amenities

I think a Salisbury location by I-95 58 would be better for travel than the Seabrook Commons location since it could be closer to the Interstate, but the established relationship and ease of installation at Seabrook Commons (mall v strip, NH v MA) could be telling.

Thanks for finding that.

If the location under the pointer really is indicative it's just South of the Intersection of I-495 and I-95, which puts it in MA and I-95 Exit 58 in Salisbury, MA has the kind of locations Tesla looks for.

You could certainly be right but then the question becomes what happened to Dedham? I doubt they left Dedham off but knowing some of the problems with Tesla's map over the last year I wouldn't be surprised either way.

My vote is for Salisbury!

The gray pin is now back...
Supercharger | Tesla Motors

If the pin just represents the Dedham supercharger poorly located on the map that is one thing, but if as most believe it is new supercharger location located near the NH/Maine/Mass border (i.e. Salsbury) then the mystery will continue until the map is corrected by Tesla with two pins.